Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

As PB has called it a day on BM, that means I’ll have to do the loudest complaining about any price rises, and get abused.(again) ;-)

F*** off jrb!

We’ve just won the domestic quadruple, and you are complaining about season ticket and matchday ticket price rises again.

If you don’t like it, go and watch United instead.

You ungrateful b******!

Do all us fans get a win bonus as well as the players or something? The accounts show season ticket revenue is minuscule compared to all other income, an increase does virtually nothing for city in the grand scheme of things but every year people are squeezed out of lifelong season tickets from continuous price increases. Nobody is expecting them for free, just a bit of consideration for the fans. City themselves have acknowledged it’s been an expensive season for us fans with 4 costly Wembley trips amongst everything else. Would have been nice for City to back up that acknowledgement with a price freeze

As PB has called it a day on BM, that means I’ll have to do the loudest complaining about any price rises, and get abused.(again) ;-)

F*** off jrb!

We’ve just won the domestic quadruple, and you are complaining about season ticket and matchday ticket price rises again.

If you don’t like it, go and watch United instead.

You ungrateful b******!
I’ll be joining you. I am sternly against clubs using fans as a cow they can milk for money. That’s not what we are for.

I’m at a loss to understand why we are so determined to increase Season Ticket prices every year. The negative impact on supporters probably outweighs the income benefits. At the end of the day our broadcasting and sponsorship revenue really out in another stratosphere to make non hospitality match day revenue such a small slice of the pie. Why not freeze prices and milk the good will factor.

My Wolves season ticket for 2019-20 is £544 with an unavoidable £6 booking fee making it £550

Last edited:
Do all us fans get a win bonus as well as the players or something? The accounts show season ticket revenue is minuscule compared to all other income, an increase does virtually nothing for city in the grand scheme of things but every year people are squeezed out of lifelong season tickets from continuous price increases. Nobody is expecting them for free, just a bit of consideration for the fans. City themselves have acknowledged it’s been an expensive season for us fans with 4 costly Wembley trips amongst everything else. Would have been nice for City to back up that acknowledgement with a price freeze
Price against revenue isn't a reflection of affordability though. I don’t know if they will increase this year, I don't know what profit this year will show.
However last year with 13 months we showed. £1 mill profit, so without ticket money it would have been a loss, even with no increase it would have reduced profit to a few hundred thousand, and maybe we should have done that but it’s a fine judgement on the year ahead.
Hopefully this year we make more profit and there is no increase but to say it does nothing in the grand scheme of things and comparing it to turnover isn’t relevant, only profit.

Price against revenue isn't a reflection of affordability though. I don’t know if they will increase this year, I don't know what profit this year will show.
However last year with 13 months we showed. £1 mill profit, so without ticket money it would have been a loss, even with no increase it would have reduced profit to a few hundred thousand, and maybe we should have done that but it’s a fine judgement on the year ahead.
Hopefully this year we make more profit and there is no increase but to say it does nothing in the grand scheme of things and comparing it to turnover isn’t relevant, only profit.
I wouldve thought that pissing off your fans each year is not a very effective way of maximising income or profits, like many on here I no longer buy any food/drink at the stadium, never buy a shirt or other merchandise, stopped platinum and will scrap at least one of cup schemes (CL?).

If they follow previous years, then your mate needs to renew, then relocate to one of these areas when his window opens (a single seat should be easy). Then you get your chance to buy (not guaranteed, though, you'll be 'invited' depending on how long you have been waiting, but think you'll be okay). I'm guessing these seats are in demand due to the good value so chances of getting two together will be lower than in the pricier areas, I would think. If it was me doing this and I could get one near my mate (but not directly next to him), I'd take it and try to relocate the following year because the relocation window takes place after those who aren't renewing have left but before those being invited to buy.

Hope that makes sense.
Makes sense mate. Thank you for responding.

Do you know if it’s likely for two people to get a new seasoncard (first timers) and get seated together? Both Cityzen members but wanting the season ticket if we can be seated alongside or a row apart?

I wouldve thought that pissing off your fans each year is not a very effective way of maximising income or profits, like many on here I no longer buy any food/drink at the stadium, never buy a shirt or other merchandise, stopped platinum and will scrap at least one of cup schemes (CL?).
That may or may not be true, it doest alter the fact prices of tickets are only relevant in comparison to profit not turnover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.