Favourite City Photograph

D7CVBqzWsAAJBFN.jpg:large

There's woman yawning on there, she's framed in the lamp-posts in the bottom left.
I was yawning too near the stage at the cathedral, the cup final catching up on me I think.. we set of at 07:15 Saturday and got home at 01:45 Sunday morning and then walked part of the Sandstone Trail in the afternoon... knackered today too... need caffeine

I was yawning too near the stage at the cathedral, the cup final catching up on me I think.. we set of at 07:15 Saturday and got home at 01:45 Sunday morning and then walked part of the Sandstone Trail in the afternoon... knackered today too... need caffeine
When I were a lad I'd have walked the full 55Km of the Sandstone Trail before breakfast and then gone down the pit for 18 hours, then moved onto my evening job.

My favourite picture was of Johnny Crossan scoring with a diving header against Huddersfield on New Years Day 1966.

City had been locked in a battle with Huddersfield for the first half of the season. The match attracted a crowd of over 47,000 at Maine Road. That was the biggest crowd since relegation

The photo, taken with a zoom lens from behind the goal at the scoreboard end, captured Crossan in mid-air heading the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.