The Sixties

This brilliant band and one of the best ever lyricists would always feature at the top of my 60s/70s playlist.

Their first big hit and the first 45 I bought as a 9 year old.

This track was adapted by the Kippax.

Ray Davies was always ahead of his time.

Now you're talking ! Four words sum up the 60s for me. They are.. Village Green Preservation Society. I wasn't even born in the 60s but Sir Raymond Douglas Davies is God. Named my daughter after Lola, although she's not happy she was named after a drag queen.

The TV in the sixties was proper brilliant .. Saturday was Dr Who and wrestling and lamb chops. I have no idea why we had lamb chops for Saturday Tea but we did and we never questioned our elders back then so just ate them all up. A little later on came some of my more favourite fighters. Catweazle and phyco sid big daddy mick mcmanus and giant haystacks and the immortal kendo nagazaki.

Reverse double knee holds bionic elbows and the perilous double clothlines ..I have no idea how these talented lads survived it into old age.

Billie two rivers with his famous tomahawk chop move at the 20.02 !
And the les kellet and leon arras fight at 21.00 lol : ) cmon Kes

My favourites were the Royal brothers, Bert and Vic (Faulkner).

Johnny Kwango and his head butt was also pretty good.

Last edited:
Peter Sarstedt (sp) Where Do You Go To My Lovely. He sang about places I could only dream about, I eventually got to Juan Le Pans and St Tropez though, gorgeous record.

Do you know that Peter was the brother of Eden Kane (Richard), who had a No. 1 with Well, I Ask You, and Robin, who reached No.3 with My Resistance Is Low?

He died in January 2017, but his brothers are both still living.

Two of my favourite bands from the 60's just happened to be local..

Ahhh .. twas the best of times .... Met Mr. Clarke a few times - the mother of my best friend, Ian, who lived next door, was a good friend of his family ..... and I sat next to Peter Noone for 2 years, at St. Bedes, before he saw the light, and left both Corrie and St. Bedes, and went full time with the Hermits. St. Bernadette's on a Friday night ... oh yes!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.