The Sixties

Without doubt my favourite decade.
The Kinks,The Who,The Stones,Tamla Motown,The Hollies and of course The Beatles.
My favourite TV programme was The Beverley Hill Billies,hog jowls and possum belly pie made for a wonderful programme.

This brilliant band and one of the best ever lyricists would always feature at the top of my 60s/70s playlist.

Their first big hit and the first 45 I bought as a 9 year old.

This track was adapted by the Kippax.

Ray Davies was always ahead of his time.

Earlier this year we went to watch The Kinks at Crewe Lyceum.They still have three of the band from the 1960/70`s.
The old video from Dead End Street was very similar to the one Oasis did (can`t think of the song) and I often wonder if they took the Kinks video and re-hashed it.

Earlier this year we went to watch The Kinks at Crewe Lyceum.They still have three of the band from the 1960/70`s.
The old video from Dead End Street was very similar to the one Oasis did (can`t think of the song) and I often wonder if they took the Kinks video and re-hashed it.
They sure did.

Loads of great tunes...in some ways I wish i'd have been born 10 years earlier.

most of the stuff I listen to is 60's based, nothing better on holiday that putting 'hippy playlist' on my phone.

Protest songs were great as well

If you had been born 10 years earlier you might have been unable to write that post.

Swings and roundabouts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.