The Sixties

The TV in the sixties was proper brilliant .. Saturday was Dr Who and wrestling and lamb chops. I have no idea why we had lamb chops for Saturday Tea but we did and we never questioned our elders back then so just ate them all up. A little later on came some of my more favourite fighters. Catweazle and phyco sid big daddy mick mcmanus and giant haystacks and the immortal kendo nagazaki.

Reverse double knee holds bionic elbows and the perilous double clothlines ..I have no idea how these talented lads survived it into old age.

Billie two rivers with his famous tomahawk chop move at the 20.02 !
And the les kellet and leon arras fight at 21.00 lol : ) cmon Kes

Jimmy Clitheroe (would be known as Jim Clit these days), Tiny Tim and Charlie Drake, remember them all and remember how shit they were. Meet the Wife and Hugh and I were the first sitcoms I remember, first songs were by the Stones, Beatles and Herman’s Hermits

We used to ride our bikes no handed at speed, had to sing “she loves you yeah, yeah, yeah” before the hands were allowed back on. Some nasty falls before we mastered the art.

In reality the 60's was shit. Radio one didn't start until 1967 and even then it finished at 6pm on a Sunday for Songs of fucking Praise. Saturday morning radio had a request programme on where someone's granny would write in and ask them to play Robin Hall and Jimmy McGregor's :He's Football Crazy'. Bands like the Seekers dominated and it was mainly Middle of the Road crap for mums and dads. If you wanted pop music you really struggled.

Jimmy Clitheroe (would be known as Jim Clit these days), Tiny Tim and Charlie Drake, remember them all and remember how shit they were. Meet the Wife and Hugh and I were the first sitcoms I remember, first songs were by the Stones, Beatles and Herman’s Hermits

We used to ride our bikes no handed at speed, had to sing “she loves you yeah, yeah, yeah” before the hands were allowed back on. Some nasty falls before we mastered the art.

Chopper ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.