Matthijs de Ligt

No because paying a 19 kid more than De Bruyne or Sterling would break the much cherished harmony in the squad.
Should the age of the player be coming into things? He's captain of a team that went further than us in the CL this season. He's an exceptional talent. Players should be paid on merit and what they bring to the team, not based on their age.

Reactions: cjn
Should the age of the player be coming into things? He's captain of a team that went further than us in the CL this season. He's an exceptional talent. Players should be paid on merit and what they bring to the team, not based on their age.
He might not be great in the prem then you have a kid on top wages that would not only piss the lads off but find him difficult to shift,he hasn't proven much yet,he would start on the right level wages here then have something to work for,if it doesn't work out we can shift him
As for going further than us in the CL,the final is 2 teams who haven't won their domestic league for 60 odd yrs !

There was also a period when it looked as if de Jong was wavering and his anticipated move to Barcelona looked less assured. He went. Expect this transfer to rumble on for a few weeks yet in much the same way, and as much as I’d like to sign him, I think he’ll end up with de Jong on an eye-watering salary.

We’ve presumably known for months (Kompany) and weeks (Otamendi) that we’d need to strengthen this area, so I’d expect us to have identified a suitable replacement that is obtainable in this window.

He might not be great in the prem then you have a kid on top wages that would not only piss the lads off but find him difficult to shift,he hasn't proven much yet,he would start on the right level wages here then have something to work for,if it doesn't work out we can shift him
As for going further than us in the CL,the final is 2 teams who haven't won their domestic league for 60 odd yrs !
If you want to get top talent sometimes you just have to pay top wages. All the top clubs are after him because he's shown he is a generational talent. I don't think we will have a job, getting rid of him on his wages in the future, we might have a job keeping him.

Ajax were magnificent knocking out Real Madrid and Juventus, they were very unlucky not to go through to the final. De Ligt has achieved an incredible amount for such a young player, he's been player of the tournament a number of times.

Got a mate who's a Utrecht fan, who obviously watches a lot of Eredivisie, he' Dutch and goes to the games. I asked him about De Jong and De Ligt, his opinion is that De Jong will be a superstar, but he was very meh about De ligt, doesn't think he's anything special.

Only his opinions of course but he's probably seen more of these 2 players than anyone on BM.

If you want to get top talent sometimes you just have to pay top wages. All the top clubs are after him because he's shown he is a generational talent. I don't think we will have a job, getting rid of him on his wages in the future, we might have a job keeping him.

Ajax were magnificent knocking out Real Madrid and Juventus, they were very unlucky not to go through to the final. De Ligt has achieved an incredible amount for such a young player, he's been player of the tournament a number of times.
Agree with this until we change our policy we will continue to lose out on all the top talents and players.

Squad harmony is everything,pep said that is why we walked away from sanchez
I give up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.