Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

Going to court is against UEFA rules. A club that takes this action will be suspended by UEFA for the duration of thw case, which may take years. Also, if you appeal to CAS, you have to agree that their decision will be final and binding arbitration.
Such rules themselves are likely illegal (they just have not yet been fully challenged), meaning we could also take them to court for any suspension.

Going to court is against UEFA rules. A club that takes this action will be suspended by UEFA for the duration of thw case, which may take years. Also, if you appeal to CAS, you have to agree that their decision will be final and binding arbitration.

That’s not completely true. CAS is the best place to appeal against any sanction issued by UEFA. If however, we suffer financial detriment or feel UEFA is damaging our business by applying restrictive practices - we could go to the Swiss Courts and UEFA cannot prevent that. UEFA in their distorted paradigm think they can accuse of us of anything they chose and their only risk is as per PSG - they lose out at CAS and the clock gets re-set. What if we press on beyond CAS and call out a cartel and restrictive and protectionist practices in a Swiss Court - UEFA have a lot more to lose than egg on their face. The whole organisation could come crashing down - I think that’s what Khaldoon is hinting at - be careful what you start because we won’t back down.

I got the joke but was adding in all seriousness my thoughts on what America was built on and by inference, Liverpool.

There is no inference about it, Liverpool as a city was built from slave trade profits, and the club on pools money.

How’s that?

No offence, but that’s not the impression I got.

And it didn’t come over like that.

Perhaps it’s just me?
He explicitly said that we've been working on expansion for a while now. "That expansion, how it's going to be, and where it's going to be."

Just when I thought great we are going to get details he moved on to safe standing. I am wondering if we might be building a new stadium, or considering it. Why say where it's going to be?

He avoided giving any detail by talking about "safe standing".

Ah?

Because the introduction of SS hasn’t been confirmed yet by the Government and the PL.

Until that time PL clubs can only say they are favour of it, will commit to it, and will roll it out when legislation is in place.

Until then, City like most PL clubs, can only play the waiting game.

Ah?

Because the introduction of SS hasn’t been confirmed yet by the Government and the PL.

Until that time PL clubs can only say they are favour of it, will commit to it, and will roll it out when legislation is in place.

Until then, City like most PL clubs, can only play the waiting game.

He wasn't asked about safe standing, which happens anyway, he was asked about the expansion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.