Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

He explicitly said that we've been working on expansion for a while now. "That expansion, how it's going to be, and where it's going to be."

Just when I thought great we are going to get details he moved on to safe standing. I am wondering if we might be building a new stadium, or considering it. Why say where it's going to be?

Marvin.

You should know how City work by now.

Years before the CFA was made public, City had been working on it behind the scenes.

Traveling all over the World to look at other similar sports. campuses.

Same with the NS expansion.

Our owners are very quiet and pragmatic people.

They don’t like fuss and exposure.

All the top people at City buy into that ethos.

Once everything is in place City will reveal the details.

Don’t forget, there is the proposed MU Sports Science Campus as well.

After being made public this year, that has gone quiet, for now.

Last edited:
He wasn't asked about safe standing, which happens anyway, he was asked about the expansion.

Yes he did. He interrupted to mention safe standing, that he's in favour of, so it wasn’t missed. ‘He then went straight back on to the stadium expansion’. He could have gone on to another subject instead. Either that or it was some dodgy editing. ;-)

Last edited:
Going to court is against UEFA rules. A club that takes this action will be suspended by UEFA for the duration of thw case, which may take years. Also, if you appeal to CAS, you have to agree that their decision will be final and binding arbitration.

Going to court in all instances is against UEFA rules?

Yes he was. He interrupted to mention safe standing, that he's in favour of, so it wasn’t missed. ‘He then went back on to the stadium expansion’. He could have gone on to another subject instead. Either that or it was some dodgy editing. ;-)

Yes he is a real advocate of it, so he mentioned it once in 11 years.

That’s not completely true. CAS is the best place to appeal against any sanction issued by UEFA. If however, we suffer financial detriment or feel UEFA is damaging our business by applying restrictive practices - we could go to the Swiss Courts and UEFA cannot prevent that. UEFA in their distorted paradigm think they can accuse of us of anything they chose and their only risk is as per PSG - they lose out at CAS and the clock gets re-set. What if we press on beyond CAS and call out a cartel and restrictive and protectionist practices in a Swiss Court - UEFA have a lot more to lose than egg on their face. The whole organisation could come crashing down - I think that’s what Khaldoon is hinting at - be careful what you start because we won’t back down.
Agree with your line, but what part of my post is not true?

I've passed this information previously although I can't recall the thread. A friends son that worked on the South Stand expansion has been working on the North Stand expansion project for over 2 years. I'm seeing said friend in two months, when I'll try and get more information. My understanding, although this was over a drink or two, was that the North Stand will mirror the South Stand, in size, but there will be a different design implemented. I don't remember safe standing being discussed but clearly the movement to introduce this has picked up pace over the past couple of years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.