Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

You come across as someone who is doing ok in life or might have no kids.

Not everyone is in that position.

It is not as simple as 'it is what it is'. This seems to be the new go to statement when in effect you are not arsed.

I’m a single dad and as a result am skint.

It’s still what it is.

Its all about supply and demand , if you can only sell a season ticket for £200 thats what you charge but when you charge £700 and they still sell out you have undervalued your product . thats capitalism folks
Then what happens when /if the team has a slump in form and the people spending £700 on a ticket fuck of (like Villa like Sunderland) .The fans and there families who have been priced out wont return in there droves .Capitaslism has forced millions on the dole.forced people out of homes .made the great depression in America and fucked peoples lives up .lets hope our great club doesnt learn the hard way

@cyberblue & @Cheadle_hulmeBlue , when it becomes a choice between feeding your kids & making sure they’ve got kits for sports, shoes, school uniforms & bus fare & dinner money for school as a single mum (before the courts could make the other parent pay) I’m afraid whether City reduced their prices or not didn’t really matter!! You cut your coat according to your cloth.

Cyber Blue, I’m not talking about now, I’m talking about in the days when City were struggling money wise!! However it does still apply today for some families. As I know only too well from my work in schools.

City do a lot for the community but they need to make money.

So please, come down off your high horses & think before you tell me that there is no need for anyone to be priced out! I didn’t make that posting to be insulted thank you! :-(
How on earth did i insult you ? I am not the one on a high horse .City makes millions in revenue out of Tv revenues .sponsership.coperate hospitality. Sales of players ect ect .There is absolutly no need to charge more than £30 for a home ticket .thete is no need to charge £700 for a season ticket .by doing so they are pricing ordernary. Fans out .i read my post again and cant see how i insulted you but i apologise as that was not my intention .and by having an opion shared by many on here i cant ynderstand why you think i am on my high horse .but it is what it is

A lot of posters are really missing the point here.

City are a business. The objective is to make money. Worrying about whether the ‘working class man’ can afford the product will not be an issue for the business element of the club.

In that respect, the current situation is most definitely ‘what it is’.

Prices, in general, of pretty much everything, go up. In all honesty I can’t remember the last time the price of anything went down. It just does not happen. It’s almost always just the way it works.

If Seasoncard prices go up, it’ll be by a small % such as 5-10%. About £40-70 per year, or over a year about £4-6 a month.

I find it almost impossible to believe that such an increase, over a whole year, is that significant that it ‘prices people out’.

It just doesn’t.

I think the rags do that so they can sell Cup tickets at exorbitant prices. Some Clubs look at their social responsibility.

I would freeze season card prices and have more affordable match day tickets. We play so many games now it stretches most people’s finances.

Yeah it’s a bloody disgrace forking out to watch all these winning cup runs and league titles. Bring back proper prices like in the days when we were shit ! At least we could get a match day ticket because no one wanted to watch us ;-)

CTID, although close to being priced out because I’m retired on a crap income ! Que sera, sera !!

But do you still have a cut off point for what you can afford?

Prices of my Seasoncard have tended to go up by fairly negligible amounts each season tbh - £20 here or there.

If for example City decided to double the price (unlikely but an ‘extreme’ example in which to base my next point) I’d have a choice.

Either drop out and not go to the match or make adjustments elsewhere such as for example not going abroad that year, changing my car for a cheaper one, doing extra hours at work or a combination of. Make changes to either earn or save the required extra money.

A lot of posters are really missing the point here.

City are a business. The objective is to make money. Worrying about whether the ‘working class man’ can afford the product will not be an issue for the business element of the club.

In that respect, the current situation is most definitely ‘what it is’.

Prices, in general, of pretty much everything, go up. In all honesty I can’t remember the last time the price of anything went down. It just does not happen. It’s almost always just the way it works.

If Seasoncard prices go up, it’ll be by a small % such as 5-10%. About £40-70 per year, or over a year about £4-6 a month.

I find it almost impossible to believe that such an increase, over a whole year, is that significant that it ‘prices people out’.

It just doesn’t.

In isolation it wouldn’t “price people out” but everything else goes up too. So I have to factor in the increased fuel cost of a round trip of 100 miles to every home game , increased parking costs etc & an income less this year than last or the year before due to ill health.

But that’s life , nothing to do with City’s business model.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.