Expectations For Next Season (2019/20)

blueste41

Just about enough dust to have settled on our fantastic achievements this season to start thinking about next season I think.

As the chairman alluded to in the end of season interview, we will look to win every competition we are entered into. Part of me thinks that it will be hard to keep up the incredible intensity of the last two seasons, but then I remember who manages us and the squad we have and realise anything is possible.

More hopes than expectations but I would like us to win the league again as we are probably the only team that can keep Liverpool's 29 year drought going. Beyond that, I would love us to win the Champions League, not because I personally think it's a great competition (I really don't) but apparently we have to win it to be considered a true great! Also, it would stop fans of other clubs telling us "champions of Europe, you will never be that"

Whatever trophy's we end up with (or not) it promises to be a great season of watching more jaw dropping football.

CTID.

Just about enough dust to have settled on our fantastic achievements this season to start thinking about next season I think.

As the chairman alluded to in the end of season interview, we will look to win every competition we are entered into. Part of me thinks that it will be hard to keep up the incredible intensity of the last two seasons, but then I remember who manages us and the squad we have and realise anything is possible.

More hopes than expectations but I would like us to win the league again as we are probably the only team that can keep Liverpool's 29 year drought going. Beyond that, I would love us to win the Champions League, not because I personally think it's a great competition (I really don't) but apparently we have to win it to be considered a true great! Also, it would stop fans of other clubs telling us "champions of Europe, you will never be that"

Whatever trophy's we end up with (or not) it promises to be a great season of watching more jaw dropping football.

CTID.
Last Summer I worried that City's intensity would drop. Now I think like you that with Guadiola at the helm and with City's players learning what it takes to be at a top cub, the mentality is changing. Kompany's departure is an unknown.

I find it difficult to think about next season when I don't know what the state of the teams will be. Liverpool could be seriously thrown off balance if they lose to Spurs. I also think they got a lot of points through luck, and the results did not entirely reflect their ability. Teams may play more defensively against them next season, and with their midfield, that may give them problems. What will happen to Spurs if they win the Champions League? Will they strengthen? Psychologically it could develop them. Are Arsenal going to buy defenders? Offensively Arsenal have a fantastic forward line but they have an unbalanced squad, they might need CL football to rebuild. Too many unknowns at the moment to contemplate next season.

The weak points in City's squad are left back, and cover for Fernandinho. Are we going to address that?

a lot of changes to the playing squad i fear in this new season. how we do all depends on how well (quickly) the replacements fit in with the team, and peps tutelage.

a good season is winning the league. if we get another cup win also, then that would be swell!!!

i still cant see city winning the chumps league for 1 obvious reason, so im already writing that blighter off (and if uefa get their way im writing the season after off as well).

if Liverpool are up to getting 90+ pts again, i dont think we will be able to match that without purchasing another central midfielder. See how we go. Get to the semis or final in Europe.

Win everything.

The price we'll pay for that will be Pep going. And why wouldn't you leave if you've just had the perfect season?

For me ,it´s win the League and Champions League.English cups would be nice ,but not important for me.Really would love to finally win that CL trophy :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.