Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

We are not signing our top targets and stall deals over extra 5m pounds sometimes but we had no problem forking out 40m pounds for this guy and around 20m in wages since that. And the worse is he was never good enough. He came in Pellegrini era when we already tried to get players for high line defence meaning certain ball skills were a must for any defender and Mangala was never good with the ball. He wasnt a match for our needs whoever sanctioned the deal starting from the scouts making reports how he might fit for us shame on you guys. Transfer fee and salary added up it must be a huge flop financially.

That Palace offer came from heaven to save some face and money and he refused to go there to play a PL club probably starting every game. Instead Palace fucked us off went to Pool and paid 20-25m for their huge flop Sakho. Imo they ended up better as Sakho is still a much better defender than Mangala.

Those people at Porto who negotiated Mangala's price with 3rd party owners involved I mean I would hire them in a moment to do all transfer negotiating for City.

And the terrible thing is we spent months scouting him in great detail, on and off the pitch. It seemed like we were getting a world class player. I can only hope that whole system has been rebuilt from the ground up.

Laporte suggests Yes.

I wish Mangala well but I wish we’d spent that money more wisely.

And the terrible thing is we spent months scouting him in great detail, on and off the pitch. It seemed like we were getting a world class player. I can only hope that whole system has been rebuilt from the ground up.

Laporte suggests Yes.

I wish Mangala well but I wish we’d spent that money more wisely.
nobody doubted the signing everyone agreed he was a beast of a centre half, sometimes transfers don't come of for whatever reason ,he was scouted properly im sure, but there are no definite with transfers

nobody doubted the signing everyone agreed he was a beast of a centre half, sometimes transfers don't come of for whatever reason ,he was scouted properly im sure, but there are no definite with transfers
Sure but expectations and reality were so far apart in this case.

I did and I know of a few others too. It's easy after the event and Ive got plenty wrong but when we were first linked with him my wife called me over to watch a game in which he was playing...pretty sure it was Porto. She asked me if this was the player we were after and I said said yes. Sit down and watch him he is dreadful she added. So I did and he was awful, comical. He was so bad we watched him again and what we saw is exactly what we got.

To make it worse we both thought City should have gone for Celtic's CH who was VVD!

It's only because he was so bad that I even remember it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.