Favourite City Photograph

D7VPWzfW4AEWMwn.jpg:large

D7VO6bSW0AAdGQd.jpg
Had to do a double take when I saw two Sergio’s, then I realized one was Otamendi.
Not 100% sure which is which.

My favourite picture was of Johnny Crossan scoring with a diving header against Huddersfield on New Years Day 1966.

City had been locked in a battle with Huddersfield for the first half of the season. The match attracted a crowd of over 47,000 at Maine Road. That was the biggest crowd since relegation

The photo, taken with a zoom lens from behind the goal at the scoreboard end, captured Crossan in mid-air heading the ball.
Sorry to be a pedant, dear fellow Blue, but that was Mike Doyle scoring the first that day with that amazing header at the Scoreboard End! Crossan (my hero at the time) was famous for washing his boot clean in the trainer’s bucket immediately prior to scoring the second from the spot.. some say that he washed the ‘wrong’ boot in an attempt to outsmart the Huddersfield keeper but although I was in the Platt Lane end with The Old Man where he scored the spot kick, I cannot remember just which boot he cleaned! Great day, we began to believe we were on the way back to the First Division after winning the game that day!

Does anyone know if the public will be allowed to have photos with all 4 trophies?
They’ll take them to China, Japan, Australia, USA, Uruguay, Spain, the Moon and Andromeda first then on a Tuesday afternoon between 13:00-13:30 in February they’ll have them in the club shop for the locals as a one-off.

They’ll take them to China, Japan, Australia, USA, Uruguay, Spain, the Moon and Andromeda first then on a Tuesday afternoon between 13:00-13:30 in February they’ll have them in the club shop for the locals as a one-off.
They're going to the moon as there's more atmosphere there than at Old Trafford - boom boom tish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.