Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Anyone stopped watching Stokes' catch yet? Wow!!
Loads of tweets about whether it was the greatest catch of all time. Not for me. The one he snared at Trent Bridge against the colonial cousins was a better catch. He was fielding at slip/gully (?) that day, therefore he had less time to react. Also, the ball had nearly passed him by the time he grabbed it. Today's wasn't too bad either, mind. I just think the Ashes one was the better catch. Particularly given the opponents!

Maybe because the ECB cared more about cashing in than letting the country watch it. Also because Sky have the rights the highlights on channel 4 can't be run until Sky's highlights show has started. So that means highlights are going to be on at 11pm onwards. This was a good chance to get kids interested in the game but no they'd rather line their pockets.

What a shame honestly, ECB is regularly talking about means to increase the crowds and promote the game whereas their policies seem anti to it. Free Viewing is the only means to grow a sport within the large segments of society.

Just seen the catch, wow! Our team is ridiculous really, can bat all the way to 11 and then pull off a bowling/ fielding display like that.

Maybe because the ECB cared more about cashing in than letting the country watch it. Also because Sky have the rights the highlights on channel 4 can't be run until Sky's highlights show has started. So that means highlights are going to be on at 11pm onwards. This was a good chance to get kids interested in the game but no they'd rather line their pockets.

I don't think that is fair really. Sky has been absolutely fantastic for cricket in this country and helped totally revolutionise the game. The coverage is head and shoulders above terrestrial TV.

What a shame honestly, ECB is regularly talking about means to increase the crowds and promote the game whereas their policies seem anti to it. Free Viewing is the only means to grow a sport within the large segments of society.

This is bleeding obvious to everyone outside the ECB. And because it's so bleeding obvious that even the ECB have finally realised they're killing the sport, they've decided to put some of the Hundred on free to air. A competition whose entire supposed rationale is because of the crashing of interest caused by their own policies.

The ECB are the only governing body who appear to hate their own sport.

I don't think that is fair really. Sky has been absolutely fantastic for cricket in this country and helped totally revolutionise the game. The coverage is head and shoulders above terrestrial TV.

In terms of coverage alone there is no one around the world that can match sky imo. The details, analysis, etc are intriguing and fun specially in test matches.

These "shirt numbers the players are wearing; what's their significance? They're not squad numbers. Stokes is wearing 55, and I'm sure England don't have 55 members in their squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.