The Boxing thread

Cheers, i only ask because the automatic reference in my head is when you see fighters fuck the tactics off and are ready just to smash fuck out of each other. Was it Morales v Paq where they did that for 3 fights in a row or something? Benn was not averse to throwing it down either if memory serves. The viewers love to see that though so as tactically bad as it is, the excitement level does ramp up.

I suppose that is different though isn't it as a smash up is an unspoken agreement seemingly between both that tactics can get out and it's just war. You think Joshua has lost focus in other aspects which led to him forgetting some of his training in the fight and losing it a bit? Yeah i can see how they would link. The hat certainly fits. If he does not post a Rocky montage of his training now i will be upset. You reckon he will ever sort himself to be a wrecking machine?

I never saw that Canelo fight, it was not advertised well for me, the casual fan. Is it worth downloading or did he just hammer the fella?
Morales- Barrera but morales did have 3 fights with Pac-Man. The Barrera fights were a war especially the first fight which is one of the greatest fights ever

Sorry, missed this. Yeah scrapping tactics is fun for the viewer but it's stupid for the boxer. Mayweather always did what he had to and look at his record. And that was off the back of a youthful start being an aggressive fighter, but he changed for the better. Look at City when they play these days, we go 1-0 down or it's level near the end we still play the same way, because that's what the best do, execute the gameplan.

Unless there's promoter shenanigans, I doubt boxers will agree to just scrap tactics for a show. It's always going to be more of a heat of the moment thing, adrenaline rush and loss of head thing. Joshua was definitely underprepared for this fight, although how exactly I can't say, I'm not enough of an expert to know.

I don't think Joshua should think about being a wrecking machine. I think that is the mentality that had him lose the fight. He needs to become Klitschko Jr and just use his size, strength, and athleticism and just box his opposition into submission. He should work on his defence and tactics. If you saw him fight Parker, that was the Joshua he needs to think about being (but better nonetheless). With the money Hearn has behind him he really ought to get an elite coach.

The Canelo-Jacobs fight wasn't particularly great. It was interesting and the quality was high but it wasn't a classic in terms of entertainment. It was close but Canelo was the fair winner.

Jacobs looked old that night.

That was me... Joshua was slow and predictable in the same way big Frank was and it wasn't a shock to me that he was finally found wanting, he isn't a great boxer and his footwork isn't the best either, he has power that's for sure but when your power isn't working where do you go, you need more, the media and his team have built him up to be a great but he isn't, he is up there due to the heavy weight division being the worst its been for decades
Fury is by far a better boxer, has decent footwork for a heavy weight and is comfortable boxing on the back foot, he also has size to tie fighters up when needed
I think Joshua needs to be active at least every 4-6 months to be at his best consistently, due to his build, being the world champion didn't allow him that
I think of all the greatest heavy weight boxers throughout history none of them had a physique like Joshua, they all carried a bit of meat on top

AJ is the Harry Kane of boxing!

Its all about AJ. I have to say it was a good fight. Aj never recovered from the first Knock Down. The pressure of having to preform in the US might of got to him in some little way. The pressure to put on a show and win big so the fight with Wilder gets made in future. This is the worst result he could of asked for his invincibility is now gone.
The way i look at it AJ can go down the Lennox Lewis route when Lewis got back after being beaten by Hasim Rahman. Lewis went out in the rematch to KO Rahman and go down as 1 of the best Heavyweights of his generation. The same can happen still with AJ. He can take a leaf out of Wladmir Klitschko play book and play to his strengths and fight behind his jab and use his boxing ability to beat the majority of the fighters out there. You can break them down with that jab and KO a fighter in the later rounds. AJ still has those skills to play on. I sometimes think AJ will have to make a decision does he stay with McCracken or move on to a fresh start with a new trainer and new ideas. He will be foolish not to think about it but I honestly think him and McCracken will have 1 more go and run for the world titles. Lose the rematch and AJ will be in with a new trainer.

The next fight is huge for AJ loose and to be KOd he will be compared to Amir Khan. Hes chinny not good enough. I be honest every heavyweight is chinny and once you get hit you can hit the canvas. No heavyweight is able to take those power shots all there fights without 1 koing them. AJ will come back stronger and wiser and will be in some more great fights. This has made making the fights with Wilder and Fury a little bit easier in the future as they know he can be hurt and KOd.

AJs Dad has come out and said he suffered panic attack in dressing room before the fight and they wanted to call it off as he really didn’t look well
That’s why he confronted Hearn after the fight as Hearn said he will be ok when he gets in the ring

AJs Dad has come out and said he suffered panic attack in dressing room before the fight and they wanted to call it off as he really didn’t look well
That’s why he confronted Hearn after the fight as Hearn said he will be ok when he gets in the ring
Is there any confirmation of this anywhere? I’ve heard the rumors but haven’t seen any quotes. Hearn flat refused it.

Its all about AJ. I have to say it was a good fight. Aj never recovered from the first Knock Down. The pressure of having to preform in the US might of got to him in some little way. The pressure to put on a show and win big so the fight with Wilder gets made in future. This is the worst result he could of asked for his invincibility is now gone.
The way i look at it AJ can go down the Lennox Lewis route when Lewis got back after being beaten by Hasim Rahman. Lewis went out in the rematch to KO Rahman and go down as 1 of the best Heavyweights of his generation. The same can happen still with AJ. He can take a leaf out of Wladmir Klitschko play book and play to his strengths and fight behind his jab and use his boxing ability to beat the majority of the fighters out there. You can break them down with that jab and KO a fighter in the later rounds. AJ still has those skills to play on. I sometimes think AJ will have to make a decision does he stay with McCracken or move on to a fresh start with a new trainer and new ideas. He will be foolish not to think about it but I honestly think him and McCracken will have 1 more go and run for the world titles. Lose the rematch and AJ will be in with a new trainer.

The next fight is huge for AJ loose and to be KOd he will be compared to Amir Khan. Hes chinny not good enough. I be honest every heavyweight is chinny and once you get hit you can hit the canvas. No heavyweight is able to take those power shots all there fights without 1 koing them. AJ will come back stronger and wiser and will be in some more great fights. This has made making the fights with Wilder and Fury a little bit easier in the future as they know he can be hurt and KOd.

Lewis was proven before Rahman, that was at the tail end of his career. It was closer to the McCall fight, although the ref did not give Lewis a fair chance to fight on v McCall. I never saw Vitali as chinny to be fair or Tyson.

it is rare a boxer is ever 100%, and AJ was easily winning until he was knocked down the first time, Ruiz was just a bit too quick for him, no excuses.

Is there any confirmation of this anywhere? I’ve heard the rumors but haven’t seen any quotes. Hearn flat refused it.
I saw it on seconds out website, the more you hear though make you think there’s something in it
Dillian Whyte who’s no AJ lover said he thought Joshua didn’t look himself, leaning on ropes before first bell with his gum shield hanging out
Also another guy said there’s rumours he was KOed in sparing and it has shattered his confidence
Who knows but his mind wasn’t right for me.

Sorry Whyte also said Joshua just looked relieved it was over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.