FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Said this when she played for us too, but anyone think Lucy Bronze is good enough to make it at a decent level in the mens game too.

Always looks head and shoulders above the rest in terms of quality.

She's better than some who masquerade as fullbacks in the PL - ie some fucker called Ashley and plays for the rags

Alex Scott is just making the point that it's the first time they have gone into a major tournament after a winter season & don't look fresh
Well a winter season didn't seem too effect the France !
I take her other point about some of the players that didn't play well ,ie Fran Kirby, I think she's a great little player, but today she wasn't in the game at all , Georgia Stanway did a lot more in her 10 mins on the field then Kirby , she should of been on sooner . Players should be picked on form not name !

I take her other point about some of the players that didn't play well ,ie Fran Kirby, I think she's a great little player, but today she wasn't in the game at all , Georgia Stanway did a lot more in her 10 mins on the field then Kirby , she should of been on sooner . Players should be picked on form not name !

Stanway should play imo.

Stanway should play imo.
Didn't think Karen Carney did much too when she came on , but you wouldn't know till she's on . And too be fair Steph Houghton always as that (well a couple) type of pass in her, ie giving the ball away . Also Keira Walsh is a bit of a unsung star of the England team , 90% of the time just the simple pass then maybe a cutting pass to set something up , it's just a pity Jonathan Pearce doesn't seem to know her name !

Last edited:
That was probably a better game to watch than the men's (which i didn't watch) but it still didn't get out of the category labelled tedious. We now have the tried and tested reasons why is didn't fizz.

How do you know it was probably a better game than the men’s if you didn’t watch it???

Agreed on Stanway, should be starting every game imho. Re Kirby, I know what you mean, but I just think maybe the manager thinks she’s an all round ‘busier’ player than someone like Taylor, who although a goal scorer, doesn’t seem to have great pace, at least not these days anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.