General Videogame Thread

So who's looking at getting Google Stadia then? I was really excited when they mentioned the GPU speeds but then the apprentice at work has just told me the new Xbox will have 4x the speed it currently has, so approximately 24gb compared to the 10 of Stadia. 1 thing in Stadia's side is since its cloud based they could make it as fast as they want when it comes to GPU power but then it really depends on latency. I have an Nvidia Shield and any multiplayer is pretty pointless due to lag and thats with the 350gb speed internet i have.

I don't see a (British) connectivity infrastructure ever supporting cloud based gaming, the ping times are just too great.

So who's looking at getting Google Stadia then? I was really excited when they mentioned the GPU speeds but then the apprentice at work has just told me the new Xbox will have 4x the speed it currently has, so approximately 24gb compared to the 10 of Stadia. 1 thing in Stadia's side is since its cloud based they could make it as fast as they want when it comes to GPU power but then it really depends on latency. I have an Nvidia Shield and any multiplayer is pretty pointless due to lag and thats with the 350gb speed internet i have.
As someone who used Shadow, no thanks.
The internet is not there yet as pointed out by QR

Cricket 2019 which is best cricket game made till date is out and getting great reviews

Microsoft are doing exactly the same thing with x cloud. The difference is Microsoft already have the games and hardware for it. It's completely new for Google and they are well known for binning stuff which they think is not working

So is E3 over? Anything worth getting excited about on the PC side? I haven't watched that yet.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I get less interested every year, both the Xbox and Nintendo shows were ok but I don't understand the excitement some people had for either of them. Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring and Breath of a Wild2 all look good though.

Pleased to see Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions get some backing. He's made some great games over the years with good humour, great soundtracks and interesting art styles. Quite enjoyed Psychonauts myself too, so glad there's a sequel on the way, hope it gets a PC release.

I noticed Sony pulled out of the show and wont even be doing their own Playstation experience event either. Part of me thinks Sony just wants to see what Microsoft has and set about beating their specs at all costs.

Last edited:
How much of a ballache is it going from a PS3 to a PS4, or is it as simple as plug it in and away you go? I only play fifa and as Fifa 20 is a PS4 only game i'm taking the leap forward.

How much of a ballache is it going from a PS3 to a PS4, or is it as simple as plug it in and away you go? I only play fifa and as Fifa 20 is a PS4 only game i'm taking the leap forward.

PS4 is a better games console. It's just like the PS3 but everything is quicker than the slow PS3 XMB interface thankfully.

Should be an easy move for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.