Holidays

Does anyone really like going abroad on holiday?

I here now in Greece and have to say it just ok.

I struggle to drink over here as the beer is shite, the bogs are shite, the vodka is shite, the cola is shite. The food is ok but you pay over the top.

Give me England anyday. If we had the sun and a beach I doubt I would ever leave Manchester if I truly honest.

I can’t do the pool holidays. Wouldn’t swim 50 hours in a week over here so can’t do it abroad. 5 days somehere new are my best holidays. Or moving to a new place every few days. For me can’t beat the Lake District!

I struggle to drink over here as the beer is shite, the bogs are shite, the vodka is shite, the cola is shite. The food is ok but you pay over the top.

Give me England anyday. If we had the sun and a beach I doubt I would ever leave Manchester if I truly honest.
Get a scooter, get out of the bar and go and explore.

Love going abroard, you just need to pick the right places to suit what you enjoy.

Most of the world drink lager type beers so as an ale drinker beer is average most places I have been, but as they say when in rome.

Amongst places I've been to thailand and india, portugal and rome and really all those places are better than at home

Thanks for the replies

I was pissed off a bit last night. The ouzo had given me bad heartburn plus the restaurant we went, whilst it was lovely the bill for 2 of us came in at €157.

Ok, 2 bottles of red, 6 cocktails and 3 courses each did not help that but still...

So not impressed with the cradle if civilisation then?
LOL

Ha !157 euros for all that wasn't bad at all.

Op may be a bit of a tightarse ;)

To be fair,we've visited Greece,mainland and the islands quite a lot and noticed that the price of drinks in particular are creeping up to UK prices nowadays.

Having said that just returned from Turkey,
The food fantastic value,beer equivalent to 3 quid a pint or more in most bars and restaurants,so their prices are creeping up too.

Thanks for the replies

I was pissed off a bit last night. The ouzo had given me bad heartburn plus the restaurant we went, whilst it was lovely the bill for 2 of us came in at €157.

Ok, 2 bottles of red, 6 cocktails and 3 courses each did not help that but still...
Lol. Seagull shit infused ouzo does tend to give one heartburn mate; )

Joking aside, that is an expensive bill. I hope you were eating best steak and lobster for that price?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.