What is an acceptable age gap in a relationship?

I think the rule of thumb is half your age plus 3?

For me I'd say 15 years, and that's pushing it.

My bird is 3 years older than me, but I prefer it that way as the ones in their late teens and early 20s don't have as much life experience as me, and I don't have to put up with as many girly little moods and drunk tantrums.

I think the rule of thumb is half your age plus 3?

For me I'd say 15 years, and that's pushing it.

My bird is 3 years older than me, but I prefer it that way as the ones in their late teens and early 20s don't have as much life experience as me, and I don't have to put up with as many girly little moods and drunk tantrums.

I've always heard half plus seven. So if you're 24, it's 19. If you're 30, it's 22. If you're 50, it's 32...this is getting a bit weird

Half plus 3 for me as a 24 year old...hard pass

Tell that to my mum and dad then? They have a twelve year age gap and have been married 52 years now. Sure, it's not been plain sailing, but what marriage is? Using a number off the top of your head has proven how ridiculous your statement is. Of course it makes a difference, especially at the younger age of the spectrum, but for god's sake think before you decide to come up with such a random number. Perhaps I should suggest that they split up now? FFS - give your head a wobble before you speak such nonsense.
Just my opinion. I'm not going to change it.

The bloke who got stabbed in Corrie who was Gail’s first husband is 61 in real life and has just got engaged to a 21 year old lap dancer.

For me apart from being a huge step down form Gail and a bit of jealousy this is borderline weirdo. This girl is only 4 years older than one of my daughters and not that far off a child. Her boyfriend was wth Gail even before she was born!!

So what is acceptable these days?
He was a member of the gym I used to go to on Deansgate (Apollo) 1979.
He opened his own nightclub on Cross st called Quintins, we got VIP tickets to his grand opening, he had a room at the back of the club with a double bed, to quote “ entertain the girls”

With a great sense of satisfaction, I imagine.

Fourteen years is my biggest gap (three months long) closely followed by thrirteen years (two years, give or take).

My dad was 30 when he started dating my mum, who was 17, and they’re still together 54 years later - and still love each other very much.

If she didn’t want kids, then I’d be delighted to date a girl in her early/mid thirties, but that would be as low as I could go, I reckon. There have to be some limits if it’s going to have any legs.

I've recently met someone new after finally deciding to get out of what had turned into an utterly shit marriage. I'm 50 (which i don't look) , she's 34, fit, funny and extremely intelligent which is something the ex wasn't in all honesty. We get along fantastically and have some really deep conversations. And i can say that the age gap doesn't seem to be an issue for either of us.

It'll more likely be outside influences that find it distasteful if anyone actually does.

She doesn't want any more kids as she had complications with the one she has, which is good as i've had the snip.

That was probably my only concern regarding the age gap when we first started dating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.