Billy Dale 1934 FA Cup Final Match Worn Shirt

Lovely shirt.

TOFFS used to do a replica but they've deleted it from the range. I'd like to get a new one as it's fraying a bit at the cuffs.

The TOFFS version has a slightly different collar/button arrangement to the one depicted in the OP.

That’s a superb shirt.

Toffs like to get them spot on. Maybe they would correct any differences if they saw pics of the original against yours.

I bought an England wcf shirt and asked nobby stiles to sign it.
Nobby wouldn’t let it go and kept asking who’s shirt it was.
Wouldn’t believe me when I said it was a replica.
He had his glasses on too.

We played in maroon in 34 Final (obvs, as per Dale's shirt)

Not many people know that we were watched by no less a luminary than the great Australian batsman Don Bradman (Test batting average 99.94). The 1934 Oz tourists had just landed in England and were guests at Wembley as a special treat.

We played in maroon in 34 Final (obvs, as per Dale's shirt)

Not many people know that we were watched by no less a luminary than the great Australian batsman Don Bradman (Test batting average 99.94). The 1934 Oz tourists had just landed in England and were guests at Wembley as a special treat.
before seeing this shirt, I had no idea. I assumed it was just a darker shade of sky blue. I've never seen a colour photograph, and when reading match details I've never really took note of the shirt colour (which is normally stated).

Really drives home how much of a staple colour maroon is in our history.

Looks well alongside Tommy Booth's 69 Final one

6yla1k.jpg

That's a beautiful shirt.
It's a shame we don't (can't?) use the Manchester coat of arms on our shirts for cup finals these day. The shirts we wore against Watford had nothing that I could see on them to mark the occasion, not even an embroidered line saying "2019 FA Cup Final MCFC vs Watford" under the badge. The only obvious difference was the different sponsor logo ("Choose Etihad").

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.