Guardiola confirms intention to stay at City for next two years P123

I don't see how its possible for him to manage any international team that won't result in disappointment. He needs a squad of players who he can work with every single day.

This. He wouldn't have the time to work as he wants to. And he needs time.
If he really had to go for a national team, I think it would be one that already has good players, or at least players that are right for his style, not one that is a challenge.

I don't see how its possible for him to manage any international team that won't result in disappointment. He needs a squad of players who he can work with every single day.
Yeah I’m very much in agreement. Almost impossible to implement his style with how often a national side get together. It took him a year to implement it at City, with better players and training them every day.

Whilst I would be surprised if he renewed\ extended this summer, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he extended till 2024 next summer. I am going to disregard the Italy France 5 big leagues desire as media bullshit, but he has said he would like to manage at the world cup. I think to do a world cup the earliest would be 2026 as in my eyes he would want the full 2 year cycle and maximum games to integrate his style & methods into the team. So he would be taking over a national side in the summer of 2024 after the Euros when hes 53/4 giving him up to 2 bites at winning a world cup and retiring at 59/60.

Assuming we have another decent season next season and all the uefa/FA/PL & fifa malarkey is put to bed by the end of next season I can't see a better place for him to be til 2024 than here whilst the bulk of the team hes assembled will be in their prime years and with a structure he knows and trusts.

Yeah I’m very much in agreement. Almost impossible to implement his style with how often a national side get together. It took him a year to implement it at City, with better players and training them every day.
Always makes me smile when people say Pep can’t do this that or the other. This is one of th greatest managers of all time and to assume he doesn’t have a way of working with an international squad is silly, IMO of course

Always makes me smile when people say Pep can’t do this that or the other. This is one of th greatest managers of all time and to assume he doesn’t have a way of working with an international squad is silly, IMO of course
He can be whoever, if he doesn’t get a chance to work with the players every day then it doesn’t make too much difference does it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.