Expectations For Next Season (2019/20)

for me, win the title again, try and win the champs league as well, but to do that we might need to play most of our young players in the league cup fa cup so we can have a chance with it.

I want City to use the Carabao Cup as an academy development tournament and to play our usual rotated League Cup team in the FA Cup instead. Now is the time for a clear shift in focus towards the CL whilst also maintaining our league dominance. By all means then start the big hitters in the FA Cup if the likes of Mahrez, Jesus, Foden, Gundogan etc get us near the semis. I see there being a slight shift in approach to the Cup games.
I think that's a high risk strategy.

You can't put all your eggs in one basket for a Cup comp where all kinds of crazy stuff goes down in the last 8.

I think we should be realistic about next season; Kompany gone, Fernandinho another year older and injury prone, Silva just a little past it (if he's still here) and an over reliance on Aguero for goals - Jesus doesn't look in the same class. Replacements will take time to bed in, so my feeling is that we will not be as good as last 2 years. Meanwhile the dippers will be probably be better than last year - their players are at or just before their peak so they are favourites for the title for me. Agree with other posters that we should be blooding youngsters in at least the League Cup as sooner or later we need to start bringing lads through from the academy other than Foden. Still prefer League over CL.

I think we should be realistic about next season; Kompany gone, Fernandinho another year older and injury prone, Silva just a little past it (if he's still here) and an over reliance on Aguero for goals - Jesus doesn't look in the same class. Replacements will take time to bed in, so my feeling is that we will not be as good as last 2 years. Meanwhile the dippers will be probably be better than last year - their players are at or just before their peak so they are favourites for the title for me. Agree with other posters that we should be blooding youngsters in at least the League Cup as sooner or later we need to start bringing lads through from the academy other than Foden. Still prefer League over CL.

I don't think you are being realistic: I'd say you are being pessimistic.

You haven't seen what our transfer business will be yet.

You underestimate Jesus - you aren't alone.

We have relatively young side who side who will continue to improve and a squad that is another year into knowing what Pep wants. Oh yeah and we have the best manager in the world and possibly of all time who says we will be better again.

Anyhoo, I find it best not to have too many expectations and just take it one game at a time; but you have to have hopes for the team.

I want the league again and anything else would, again, be a bonus. I would very much like the big bonus next season of the UCL: it really is about time and 50 years on from our only European triumph seems like a good time.

Pep can do what he wants in the domestic cups but I do not anticipate him doing anything other than fielding teams he believe will beat each opponent each we are drawn against and with the size our our squad, he should be able to field strong sides, unless we have an injury crisis.

You need too much luck to win all four major trophies; although we almost had it last year. It will be tough to win so many trophies again but the team has been incredible for two seasons so they can be for three if they continue to have the mentality that they have displayed so far in 2019.

1. Win Community Shield

2. Retain PL title by at least 10 points

3. Win FA Cup

4. Win CL or League Cup

That, would imo, be the perfect season.
Swap or for an and, and win at Anfield with a Sterling winner followed by an Adebayor celebration from him.

Edit: actually that’s a hope not an expectation. Expect two trophies but would be happy with a PL or a CL.

Hm, I doubt Pep or the club leaders will change their philosophy going for any possible title with our squad.

We were cruising through the cup comps (til struggling vs spurs, doh), being able to rotate vs 'easy' opponents.
In the end some fine margins were missing to go to Madrid and win there, too.

We really should expect more difficult cup draws somehow.

I expect City to have another strong PL season,
whereas dippers have more problems to repeat such a perfect season.
Chelsea w/o Hazard with spurs, rags and Arsenal being not consistent enough for a PL title.

I would love to see Sergio (now 164) score 20+ PL goals to be highest scoring player for 1 PL club (Rooney: 183).

That would be a great achievement if Sergio can stay fit it is achievable.
We had kind runs in both domestic cups last season, not sure we can expect the same again. League retention first for me, anything extra is welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.