Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I’d be very surprised if we don’t move for a right back too.

I almost forgot:
You'll be in for a right back because Trippier is supposed to be leaving, so that isn't doing it to improve the squad. If you're lucky you might get a better RB, but it won't be because of building for the future.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of angry Spurs fans come September.

I almost forgot:
You'll be in for a right back because Trippier is supposed to be leaving, so that isn't doing it to improve the squad. If you're lucky you might get a better RB, but it won't be because of building for the future.
Juve’s no1 target if we get cancelo by all accounts??

Obviously you'll be keeping a closer eye on Spurs transfer targets than me, but I'm not sure you've proved me wrong there.

I've seen at least five clubs linked with Ndombele, and Spurs would be one of the least. A couple linked with Lo Celso but there's not much talk other than in the ''maybe', 'possibly' kind. How long have Spurs been linked with Sessegnon now? You can round it up to the nearest year if it helps...

As for quality, the first two you mention, yes, ok, likely to be good signings. Sessegnon hardly stood out in a relegated side. Clarke is in the Championship and is he really the kind of player to take you to the next level? I'm not saying these players can't be a part of it, but they aren't likely to make it happen.

I don't mind Spurs, and I'd like to see you do well, but it is at least beginning to look like Poch will be under-funded again. Hopefully I'm wrong, and as was said earlier, Levy has a track record of late deals. Time will tell...

Spurs have been linked with Ndombele for over a year. And have been by far the most visible suitors for him thus far this summer. It’s common knowledge. Aulas has mentioned our interest. So has Ndombele - in positive terms. Of the other teams most linked to Ndombele:

Juve look to be signing Rabiot.
You look to be signing Rodri.
Atletico look to be signing Llorente.

Utd could be interested in him and could obviously offer higher wages than Spurs. But he has said that he only wants to play for a Champions League team. Utd can’t currently offer that. And it’s doubtful that they will be able to offer him that next season too. They are in need of a huge rebuilding job and have the wrong man at the helm. For all that Spurs don’t have Utd’s pulling power, they are in many ways a more attractive option at the moment. Good manager; settled squad; harmonious atmosphere; Champions League finalists; CL next season. Utd would be a poor career choice right now.

Ndombele has expressed a preference for England or Spain. I don’t think Italy or Germany interest him. So the only club that might want him now, and that would unquestionably be a more attractive option, is Real Madrid. And there’s no solid indication yet that they wish to add him to their shopping spree this summer. Besides which, Ndombele might well prefer to move to a lesser club for the time being, where he can reasonably expect to win a first team place and continue his development. He’s still young. A move to Real or Barca, should he ever reach that level, can wait.

The links with Lo Celso have been every bit as strong and consistent. There is no question that he is one of Spurs’ top targets.

Sessegnon’s situation is different now. He’s older. Fulham in the Championship was good for him a couple of years ago. But no longer. He needs to move up. And Fulham need to sell. He wants to go. And he wants to move to Spurs. I think he’s quality. Alone, he might not take Spurs to the next level - to be honest, it’s hard to see any PL club reaching City’s level - but as part of a well targeted squad strengthening policy, he will certainly help to provide competition for places and the ability to rotate without greatly weakening the team.

Last edited:
I almost forgot:

If Trippier leaves, it will only be because Poch doesn’t think he is good enough. He had a poor season and Aurier was too inconsistent / too often injured to provide genuine competition. After last season, it won’t be hard to improve at right back. Youcef Atal has most often been linked as incoming - though nothing solid on that as yet.

Spurs have been linked with Ndombele for over a year. And have been by far the most visible suitors for him thus far this summer. It’s common knowledge. Aulas has mentioned our interest. So has Ndombele - in positive terms. Of the other teams most linked to Ndombele:

Utd could be interested in him and could obviously offer higher wages than Spurs. But he has said that he only wants to play for a Champions League team. Utd can’t currently offer that. And it’s doubtful that they will be able to offer him that next season too. They are in need of a huge rebuilding job and have the wrong man at the helm. For all that Spurs don’t have Utd’s pulling power, they are in many ways a more attractive option at the moment. Good manager; settled squad; harmonious atmosphere; Champions League finalists; CL next season. Utd would be a poor career choice right now.

Ndombele has expressed a preference for England or Spain. I don’t think Italy or Germany interest him. So the only club that might want him now, and that would unquestionably be a more attractive option, is Real Madrid. And there’s no solid indication yet that they wish to add him to their shopping spree this summer. Besides which, Ndombele might well prefer to move to a lesser club for the time being, where he can reasonably expect to win a first team place and continue his development. He’s still young. A move to Real or Barca, should he ever reach that level, can wait.

The links with Lo Celso have been every bit as strong and consistent. There is no question that he is one of Spurs’ top targets.

Sessegnon’s situation is different now. He’s older. Fulham in the Championship was good for him a couple of years ago. But no longer. He needs to move up. And Fulham need to sell. He wants to go. And he wants to move to Spurs. I think he’s quality. Alone, he might not take Spurs to the next level - to be honest, it’s hard to see any PL club reaching City’s level - but as part of a well targeted squad strengthening policy, he will certainly help to provide competition for places and the ability to rotate without greatly weakening the team.

I don’t think you will have many on here arguing with you on the highlighted point. The only real draw the rags have at present is the salaries they can pay.

On the subject of your transfer dealings, will Levy pay the fees that the selling clubs will demand?

It will be interesting to see if Sessegnon ends up as a winger or full-back and whether or not he will reach his potential. He looked good in the Championship but struggled in the PL. He is very young so hard to say but then I'm no talent spotter. As an England supporter, I want him to do well but my concern is that he may end up as not good defensively to be a top full back and not having the offensive quality to be an effective winger.

I don’t think you will have many on here arguing with you on the highlighted point. The only real draw the rags have at present is the salaries they can pay.

On the subject of your transfer dealings, will Levy pay the fees that the selling clubs will demand?

Above all, I think Levy is terrified of losing Poch. And, by all accounts, Poch has read Levy the riot act........”get me the players that I need or I walk.” Poch is not satisfied with merely qualifying for the CL. He wants to be in with a real and consistent chance of winning the biggest trophies. He wants to compete on at least something of an equal footing. If he can’t do it at Spurs, he has no shortage of admirers at clubs that can give him what he wants.

Fortunately for Spurs, Levy should now be in a strong position to back his manager. The new stadium is a game changer. Sure, there is a big pile of debt to service and repay. But the added income generated by the new stadium will easily cover that and leave plenty more to spare. Levy knows that he has to pony up now.

That won’t stop him being Levy, of course. He’ll still fight over every penny. It just means that Spurs can realistically go after players that we couldn’t previously have afforded.

Above all, I think Levy is terrified of losing Poch. And, by all accounts, Poch has read Levy the riot act........”get me the players that I need or I walk.” poch is not satisfied with merely qualifying for the CL. He wants to be in with a chance of winning the biggest trophies. He wants to compete on at least something of an equal footing. If he can’t do it at Spurs, he has no shortage of admirers at clubs that can give him what he wants.

Fortunately for Spurs, Levy should now be in a strong position to back his manager. The new stadium is a game changer. Sure, there is a big pile of debt to service and repay. But the added income generated by the new stadium will easily cover that and leave plenty more to spare. Levy knows that he has to pony up now.

That won’t stop him being Levy, of course. He’ll still fight over every penny. It just means that Spurs can realistically go after players that we couldn’t previously have afforded.

Fair enough. Your insider knowledge of all things Tottenham is far superior to mine, and I wouldn’t blame Pochettino in the slightest if he really has told Levy to put up or shut up.

Above all, I think Levy is terrified of losing Poch. And, by all accounts, Poch has read Levy the riot act........”get me the players that I need or I walk.” Poch is not satisfied with merely qualifying for the CL. He wants to be in with a real and consistent chance of winning the biggest trophies. He wants to compete on at least something of an equal footing. If he can’t do it at Spurs, he has no shortage of admirers at clubs that can give him what he wants.

Cant see poch walking after just signing was it a 6 year contract? If he did walk he will miss out on millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.