Not eaten meat in three days

I'm getting a similar feeling and not just because of my health. I think we ignore the fact that a lot of the meat we eat is from intelligent animals and that we're ravaging the planet through our demand for more and more meat too. We'll be on significantly higher percentage of plant based food within 2 decades
I'm from farming stock mate and I can tell you, don't worry, sheep/cattle/chicken are far from intelligent, eat away. Pigs you may have a point.

I'm from farming stock mate and I can tell you, don't worry, sheep/cattle/chicken are far from intelligent, eat away. Pigs you may have a point.
Pig was the one in mind...and happens to be my personal fave so probably feeding the guilt!

You could add game birds and fish/shellfish to that list.
Yep. Braindead the lot. Fish and shellfish haven't learned in over 100,000 years that biting the hook, swimming into nets or cages is a bad idea. Birds are bird-brained, there's a reason that expression exists and it isn't women.

Nothing compared to meat though, even beans and nuts don't have anywhere near the amount of simple proteins that meat does.
What's your point though? Are doctors' waiting rooms full of people with protein deficiencies? I don't think I've ever even heard of anyone being deficient in protein. However, it's fairly common for people to have issues from too much protein.

What's your point though? Are doctors' waiting rooms full of people with protein deficiencies? I don't think I've ever even heard of anyone being deficient in protein. However, it's fairly common for people to have issues from too much protein.
Protein deficiency is a huge thing mate, waiting rooms in this part of the world aren't full of people with it as we have plenty in our diets, try looking at the problems it causes in parts of the world where they don't.

Protein deficiency is a huge thing mate, waiting rooms in this part of the world aren't full of people with it as we have plenty in our diets, try looking at the problems it causes in parts of the world where they don't.
Still not sure what your point is. I haven't eaten animal products in 24 years and I'm not protein deficient.

Still not sure what your point is. I haven't eaten animal products in 24 years and I'm not protein deficient.
You're probably making a big effort to replace it in your diet with nuts and beans, complex proteins. The point I made to the original poster was that if he doesn't do that, he'll have issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.