Not eaten meat in three days

I would never restrict myself from eating meat.

I had a beautiful lamb shank on Sunday, one of the best I’ve ever eaten; and some very tasty chorizo tonight.

I really enjoy eating it.

Also, everywhere in the world where life expectancy is the highest or where the individuals who live the longest they all eat an omnivore diet of meat, birds, fish, shellfish, nuts, legumes, fruit, veg, roots, flowers, complex/wholegrain carbohydrates and water.

Also, everywhere in the world where life expectancy is the highest or the individuals who live the longest live they all eat an omnivore diet of meat, birds, fish, shellfish, nuts, legumes, fruit, veg, roots, flowers, complex/wholegrain carbohydrates and water.
That's probably connected to wealth and healthcare as well though tbf.

That's probably connected to wealth and healthcare as well though tbf.
Costa Rica, Japan, Sardinia, Greece, Korea are the ones who eat the most varied diets and have the longest living people.

Costa Rica, Japan, Sardinia, Greece, Korea are the ones who eat the most varied diets and have the longest living people.
Very wealthy in food terms and have good healthcare even if they can't afford IPhone632s mate. Wealth is measured by standard of living in this regard and not GDP.

Gorillas seem to be fairly fit and strong without eating cows, pigs, chickens or fish! However, being veggie is definitely a missed steak!

Meat, veggies, no carbs, no dairy and consistent intermittent fasting...sorted!

Gorillas seem to be fairly fit and strong without eating cows, pigs, chickens or fish! However, being veggie is definitely a missed steak!

Meat, veggies, no carbs, no dairy and consistent intermittent fasting...sorted!
They're still living in a forest while we fly in planes and visit space mate and at one stage we were worse off than they were. We were omnivorous, they weren't and that played a big part. Smartest and most evolved ape is the Chimpanzee and guess what they eat?

Very wealthy in food terms and have good healthcare even if they can't afford IPhone632s mate. Wealth is measured by standard of living in this regard and not GDP.
Oh I agree.

You only have to look at the life expectancy of old people in this country now who went through rationing in times of real austerity. They are living long lives because they ate very well, just what they needed, nothing in excess.

They will live a hell of a lot longer than people of my generation who will see the life expectancy of this country plummet in the future due to the horrendous Western diets so many people have. The lack of good quality meat and birds; the complete omission of fish, shellfish, nuts, legumes, fruit, veg, flowers and water; and the overeating of simple sugars/refined carbs... despite people never being more economically wealthy.

Even when I was at school in the 90s there’d only be one or two fat kids in a year group. Now it’s approaching half!

They’re quite partial to Chimpanzees ;-)
True that. But they're omnivores and it's why they're more intelligent. Simple Proteins played a big part in the evolution of the human brain and they play a big part in it's maintenance. We shouldn't overdo meat and we should balance our diets, but we shouldn't do away with it either. The lab grown stuff could replace livestock at some point for quality and if that happens I wouldn't mind seeing stocks gradually brought down to lower levels (although I wouldn't do away with them altogether as tbf we owe these species some loyalty too).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.