Not eaten meat in three days

Oh I agree.

You only have to look at the life expectancy of old people in this country now who went through rationing in times of real austerity. They are living long lives because they are very well, just what they needed, nothing in excess.

They will live a hell of a lot longer than people of my generation who will see the life expectancy of this country plummet in the future due to the horrendous Western diets so many people have. The lack of good quality meat and birds; the complete omission of fish, shellfish, nuts, legumes, fruit, veg, flowers and water; and the overheating of simple sugars/refined carbs... despite people never being more economically wealthy.

Even when I was at school in the 90s there’d only be one or two fat kids in a year group. Now it’s approaching half!
The Dingle Peninsula here is far from the wealthiest part of the country but it has an insane life expectancy, I've always said it's down to food wealth, brilliant local healthcare, awareness (as many are farmers, chefs etc and understand the value of quality food) and a clean environment. We had one parish where they had 6 deaths in a year (one of which was my grandmother bless her) a couple of years back and the lowest (bar one car crash) was 93 years old.

True that. But they're omnivores and it's why they're more intelligent. Simple Proteins played a big part in the evolution of the human brain and they play a big part in it's maintenance. We shouldn't overdo meat and we should balance our diets, but we shouldn't do away with it either. The lab grown stuff could replace livestock at some point for quality and if that happens I wouldn't mind seeing stocks gradually brought down to lower levels (although I wouldn't do away with them altogether as tbf we owe these species some loyalty too).
Great post mate.

Respect is exactly right, I don’t think some people think about the fact an animal has given up its life to feed them.
Yep and while I won't feel bad about that as tbf from a species point of view we've protected and helped them for tens of thousands of years and more, I'll always respect it.

They're still living in a forest while we fly in planes and visit space mate and at one stage we were worse off than they were. We were omnivorous, they weren't and that played a big part. Smartest and most evolved ape is the Chimpanzee and guess what they eat?
I was referring to the health aspects of eating vegetarian. Have yet to hear of a gorilla dying of cancer!

I was referring to the health aspects of eating vegetarian. Have yet to hear of a gorilla dying of cancer!
I'm sure some do tbf. Plenty also die because a species out evolved them and systematically destroy their habitat to benefit themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.