Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly mate, according to transfermarkt, he's only played LB once for Juve!

His appearances at LB over last 5 seasons:
18/19 Juve - one 90 minute game,
17/18 Inter Milan - one 90 minute game, sub for 16 minutes,
16/17 - nil,
15/16 Valencia - two 90 minute games, one 45 minute appearance,
14/15 - nil.

He's only had one win when he's played at LB.

I'll just say it again. Hes played about a dozen games there out of 200.

Hes not a left back option.
I made a post about the number of times he has played left back earlier in the thread, it's 6 with only one win. I have re-quoted above, also @George Hannah, according to transfermarkt, he has never played lb for the national Portuguese team.

Last edited:
Juventus would do immense business if they sell us Cancelo for 60m euro and buy De Ligt for like 70-75m euros.

100% correct. But bear in mind Cancelo is a solid defender worth £45m/£50m

BTW, any Cancelo disciplinary issues - referred to in another post- administered by Agnelli, Allegri or any Juve official are usually undertaken in private. On the odd occasion when a player is guilty of inappropriate behaviour in public such as Douglas Costa spitting in the face of an opponent during a match it comes as no surprise that - despite his obvious talent- he gets benched almost entirely since the incident through to the end of the season.

Going back to Cancelo, if we do sign him, I think that Pep will be more than capable of transforming him into a top class defender (capable of playing either left or right). I’m sure he’ll improve and integrate in quick time.

He is an excellent player but something here is not clear to me, looks like a critical business mistake. Now the whole world knows we must sell Danilo because we do not need 3 RB. Clearly, other clubs know we are desperate and would eventually sell him at a low price. So why not sell Danilo first?

He is an excellent player but something here is not clear to me, looks like a critical business mistake. Now the whole world knows we must sell Danilo because we do not need 3 RB. Clearly, other clubs know we are desperate and would eventually sell him at a low price. So why not sell Danilo first?

What happens if we sell him and then our buying options fall through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.