Gardening

I have a back yard but several potted plant, roses, strawberries, mint, rosemary and a fern

Mowing lawns is an art form - we have an old 1965 Suffolk Colt Petrol Mower that takes a bit of work to keep running but cuts to putting green length... lovely. And I kid you not, a "race-prepped" lowered modded electric cylinder mower that cuts just as well on small lawns - none of this rotary sh*t that is what is almost exclusively sold now!

Don't have a large lawn but use a nice electric mower. Have a small garden as well (Rasberries, tomatoes (4 varieties), red currants, strawberries, blueberries & herbs). Strawberries & rasberries seemed to have picked up some kind of illness so far this year

Mowing lawns is an art form - we have an old 1965 Suffolk Colt Petrol Mower that takes a bit of work to keep running but cuts to putting green length... lovely. And I kid you not, a "race-prepped" lowered modded electric cylinder mower that cuts just as well on small lawns - none of this rotary sh*t that is what is almost exclusively sold now!
My dad used to have one of those, a proper lawnmower, would love to get my hands on one. The new ones are powered by a small Honda engine so the days of swinging on a pull start are over.

If you have never eaten anything you have grown you are missing a trick. You will never, ever eat a nicer potato, sweet corn, pea or anything else you have grown yourself. Straight from garden to pot or even to eat raw. Fruit and veg are wonderful. The beauty about most of them is they hardly need any looking after. Just keep the weeds down by using a hoe, you don’t even need to pick most weeds out just use your hoe and leave them on the top and they will die. More pernicious weeds like dandelion are more of a problem but you can still keep on top of them. The more you hoe the less of a problem they are. Just going to get a few raspberries to put on my breakfast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.