Matthijs de Ligt

Well, it is not really mental.
The club has targets. The same targets has a lot of suitors (Barça, Juve, Bayern, City, etc.) and we have been in their short list and would have signed them if not for a last minute gazump. It is infuriating for the fans who believe they would come but it is better than not even have been close to sign them. It means we are attractive to the best prospects. PSG fans are mostly unhappy about the whole Ajax players and people and dutchmen/dutchwomen disdain towards PSG. The same way you can hear all German people talking about how great it would be for Sané to go to Bayern, you have the same with the duth people saying how bad it would be to go to PSG, both in de Jong and de Ligt cases.

On the good side, the teams that were rivalling us for their signings have to bleed money and won't be able to compete as easily on another target we have in common.

Since Juventus offer, there are no sign about a positive outcome for PSG. For me, PSG option is out of the window. What is annoying is that they have "wasted" time on a target that will likely not come. The other target for CB is Koulibaly and it is not an easier target at all, sadly.

Agreed on the targets-top clubs matter. Didn't know you were interested in Koulibaly, he's a top defender but you're right that dealing with De Laurentiis is absolute hell. At least you're a foreign club so he might go a little easier on you.

Agreed on the targets-top clubs matter. Didn't know you were interested in Koulibaly, he's a top defender but you're right that dealing with DeLaurentis is absolute hell. At least you're a foreign club so he might go a little easier on you.
Nah, De Laurentis is never easy with anyone, haha ! We only bought two Napoli players and we had to pay their clause.
We want Koulibaly but he does'nt seem to want us. I read he wants to stay at Napoli or go to Real Madrid or possibly to a PL club. Still, PSG will try to convince one of him or de Ligt.

Even when PSG overpay for players, so many are regularly anxious to find the nearest sortie in Paris. Pourquoi alors?

Barcelona will not overpay for De Ligt or any other target. If Neymar wants to leave Paris, he'll have to except a massive paycut as will Griezmann. Some clubs need to overpay in wages but even then they aren't guaranteed either sporting success or holding onto the player
Yeah yeah, Barcelona doesn't need to overpay for anyone but has the largest wage bill of all sports by a margin.

Something doesn't add up here.

Nah, De Laurentis is never easy with anyone, haha ! We only bought two Napoli players and we had to pay their clause.
We want Koulibaly but he does'nt seem to want us. I read he wants to stay at Napoli or go to Real Madrid or possibly to a PL club. Still, PSG will try to convince one of him or de Ligt.

I don't see him going to Real, they've already spent a lot of money and defense doesn't look like their top priority.
France wouldn't be bad for him, he was born and played there and I think he could add some personality and mental strength to your team.

I don't see him going to Real, they've already spent a lot of money and defense doesn't look like their top priority.
France wouldn't be bad for him, he was born and played there and I think he could add some personality and mental strength to your team.
He doesn't seem to like (nor dislike) France or PSG. It is not his primary interest.
However, some of our insiders have said that while he was really not for a move, the latest proposition has soften his stance. Enough for a move to become reality ? Far from it at the moment.

Imo, he is better than de Ligt right now. But you buy de Ligt like you buy Mbappé. Because while already very good today, you hope he will become one of the greatest.

He doesn't seem to like (nor dislike) France or PSG. It is not his primary interest.
However, some of our insiders have said that while he was really not for a move, the latest proposition has soften his stance. Enough for a move to become reality ? Far from it at the moment.

Imo, he is better than de Ligt right now. But you buy de Ligt like you buy Mbappé. Because while already very good today, you hope he will become one of the greatest.

Yeah, he is better than de Ligt. I really hope we don't spend too much on de Ligt because I don't like paying for a mere possibility. I think we will though.
We're not really used to spending more than the player's current value (apart from Higuain - De Laurentiis struck again lol). I'm more inclined to spend money for a young striker than for a young defender though, because attacking can be based on talent (which is evident from early on) while defending has to be based also on experience and mental focus, and that you can only build through the years.

I seriously do not understand de Ligt's stance (or that of his agent).
He is going to be a very rich player whichever team he ends up at and, at this stage of his career, surely he should be looking to join the club which he feels has most to offer him from a development point of view.
In his shoes I would probably be off to Barcelona because of the history of Dutch players/managers there, the chance to play with his mate De Jong and Messi plus the weather is nice and the city is great.
If he wants the best coaching however he should be househunting in Chorlton ;)

Tired of this saga but I'm always excited to see a back and forth between our resident Barcelona and PSG fans

giphy.gif

I seriously do not understand de Ligt's stance (or that of his agent).
He is going to be a very rich player whichever team he ends up at and, at this stage of his career, surely he should be looking to join the club which he feels has most to offer him from a development point of view.
In his shoes I would probably be off to Barcelona because of the history of Dutch players/managers there, the chance to play with his mate De Jong and Messi plus the weather is nice and the city is great.
If he wants the best coaching however he should be househunting in Chorlton ;)

No doubt he'll earn well wherever he goes. Depends what his other criteria are.

League and manager - City

Culture and country -Juventus

Live in Paris and salary - PSG

Chance to play with a declining Messi - Barcelona

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.