Gardening

Half of you lot seem to like mowing the lawn, can I ask you to leave a little bit of it long and a little bit of the garden untidy. Nature needs a hand and it is amazing the benefits you will get.
Also if you have those 6x1 concrete slabs for the bottom of your fence, make a hedgehog tunnel so they can get between gardens, they eat all the bad things and are great little creatures.
150 ft garden ,half completely wild,the rest left as much as poss,grass cut every 4 weeks,i like it wild and am rewarded with every kind of wildlife there is around,old garage at the bottom where the foxes have had cubs,nearly 20 yrs,it's wonderful just to look out and see so much going on,feeding baby badgers at the moment
150 ft garden ,half completely wild,the rest left as much as poss,grass cut every 4 weeks,i like it wild and am rewarded with every kind of wildlife there is around,old garage at the bottom where the foxes have had cubs,nearly 20 yrs,it's wonderful just to look out and see so much going on,feeding baby badgers at the moment
Sounds like my kind of garden

If anyone has any tips for getting rid of marestail please let me know.

Bought some stuff last year called Kurtail (which I don't think you can get anymore). I've put this on and they did go black problem is it just keeps coming back more and more around my borders.

As Remains of said, you will never get rid of it. The root system can go down 7 foot, even if you could dig that far down, if you miss one bit you have had it, plus again as he says, if your neighbour has it, you will get it. One of my allotments has it really bad, no one has ever got rid of it.

As Remains of said, you will never get rid of it. The root system can go down 7 foot, even if you could dig that far down, if you miss one bit you have had it, plus again as he says, if your neighbour has it, you will get it. One of my allotments has it really bad, no one has ever got rid of it.
I put some walkways at the boundary fence with the lazy sod next door, weed control fabric x3 layers and about an inch of stones. Makes it easier to pull them up but they have grown under it now and sometimes through the lawn. From memory they seem to grow most from May to July then not so bad. When we moved in 20 yrs ago we had it near some fir trees but I got rid of them and it went, which is why I am going to take the earlier advice given and brick my neighbour's neighbour's house and torch his fir tree.

I put some walkways at the boundary fence with the lazy sod next door, weed control fabric x3 layers and about an inch of stones. Makes it easier to pull them up but they have grown under it now and sometimes through the lawn. From memory they seem to grow most from May to July then not so bad. When we moved in 20 yrs ago we had it near some fir trees but I got rid of them and it went, which is why I am going to take the earlier advice given and brick my neighbour's neighbour's house and torch his fir tree.

Nah, wrong way round, brick his fir tree and torch his house, tis the BlueMoon way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.