Coaches from Bramhall/ Cheadle Hulme

I do, I cut my drinking teeth in there when John Holt was the landlord and the bitter was 58p a pint! I’ve been on many a good city away trip from that establishment!
He was a right miserable bastard. We still used to go in the Junction three or four times a week until I moved away to Birmingham in 1977.

And his wife, Carol - out and out alcy.
One occasion I was there, the actress Paula Wilcox, who at the time was starring in Man About the House, turned up in the pub with some friends. The word got about and Carol, a bit worse for the wear, stormed in and demanded to see this 'Waula Pilcox'

One occasion I was there, the actress Paula Wilcox, who at the time was starring in Man About the House, turned up in the pub with some friends. The word got about and Carol, a bit worse for the wear, stormed in and demanded to see this 'Waula Pilcox'
That needs a Boom Tish ( comedy classic )

What a gaff that was. Steve Vernon, a bricklayer from Stockport known as ‘peanut,’ and latterly a comedian on the circuit called Virgil Soddington, was once caught by Holty with the fruit machine halfway down the stairs outside the pub. When challenged as to what the fook he was doing he replied,’I’m taking it home it’s got my wages in it!’ Then there was Joe Burgess the pot collector who slept in the field with the horses at the back of the pub. They had to hide the brasso used to
Clean the brasses in the pub from him or he’d drink it! I could go on about the characters in there, it was an amazing pub, the people made it. Pubs just aren’t like that anymore

I used to love going into The Junc with my Dad. Sit there open mouthed at the characters.
The story of someone walking in with a horse and no one batting an eyelid is legendary.

I think that was Cyril the sausage maker who worked at Pimlotts the butchers Marcus. Peanut got barred once and came in the next day in fancy dress with a copy of the Daily Telegraph in front of his face with two holes cut out so he could see through it and asked for a pint of bitter. Holty knew who it was and told him to do one...what a place, full of larger than life characters

I think that was Cyril the sausage maker who worked at Pimlotts the butchers Marcus. Peanut got barred once and came in the next day in fancy dress with a copy of the Daily Telegraph in front of his face with two holes cut out so he could see through it and asked for a pint of bitter. Holty knew who it was and told him to do one...what a place, full of larger than life characters
Eddie Pimlott, owner of the said emporium, was the worst for getting banned from pubs. He used to look up which pubs had new landlords so that he could get a drink without a five mile drive!

its not as good now, but its still pretty good. lots of larger then life characters in there now. a few years ago when we won the league ( ageurooo) it was bouncing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.