Best chippy

16472964_1242633999161263_4303506058839039391_n.jpg

Ashtons on Buxton Rd, Stockport - just found out it closed last year - gutted :(

Last edited:
Whittakers - Cheadle Hulme
Big Fish - Dean Row (Wilmslow)
Matt's Plaice - Monton

Currently living in Mottram, and only chippy near enough is Pete's Chippy in Hattersley.... chips are perfect every time!

Really good chippys are getting as rare as 4-0 wins by United. I can name a few that have either closed or dropped down in standards in recent months.

A good one is the Green Lane Chippy in Leigh. Only fault is, it's in Leigh. Excellent value though.

A new one has just opened at Unsworth Pole that seems quite decent. They cook your fish to order so it's not hanging about like most places, they do haddock, and even the chips are good. How long can this last, I ask myself?

After that I am struggling a bit round here. Most are average at best, some are ******* dire.

If you're willing to cross the border, Blakeley's at Brighouse is very good. And in Llandudno, Ham and Bone, though not a chippy as such, do one of the best fish and chips I have had these five years.

Really good chippys are getting as rare as 4-0 wins by United. I can name a few that have either closed or dropped down in standards in recent months.

A good one is the Green Lane Chippy in Leigh. Only fault is, it's in Leigh. Excellent value though.

A new one has just opened at Unsworth Pole that seems quite decent. They cook your fish to order so it's not hanging about like most places, they do haddock, and even the chips are good. How long can this last, I ask myself?

After that I am struggling a bit round here. Most are average at best, some are ******* dire.

If you're willing to cross the border, Blakeley's at Brighouse is very good. And in Llandudno, Ham and Bone, though not a chippy as such, do one of the best fish and chips I have had these five years.
Blackeley's is my local, although only my second favourite in the country. They do plaice and puddings and it's very traditional.

The best I've ever been to, and I've been to the MAgpie and lots of the award winners, is a little known chippy called Tony's on Skegness seafront. They cook in lard, use Maris Piper spuds, get fresh fish (including cod every day) and it's so busy that everything comes out the fryer and onto your plastic tray.

Blackeley's is my local, although only my second favourite in the country. They do plaice and puddings and it's very traditional.

The best I've ever been to, and I've been to the MAgpie and lots of the award winners, is a little known chippy called Tony's on Skegness seafront. They cook in lard, use Maris Piper spuds, get fresh fish (including cod every day) and it's so busy that everything comes out the fryer and onto your plastic tray.
At longsands they name the boats that brought the fish in and where they were caught, only problem is they fry it in vegetable oil.

The Ham Bone ;) in Llandudno is a fine eatery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.