FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Football fans thrive on righteous indignation. We love feeling like our team is the only one that's hard done by. VAR's come in and showed us how often our team has actually benefited from bad refereeing, and none of us like that feeling. Perfectly natural phenomenon but doesn't make the reactions to it any less emotional. VAR's hardly perfect and its implementation needs work but the complaints that it's "ruining the game" feel ridiculously hyperbolic and based on nothing but pure emotion. We've spent years asking for VAR and now it's here - best approach is surely to adapt and change and look for compromise?

Who are these we you speak of?

I never wanted it, I remember decisions being discussed for years and it made part of football for me.

Money has done this, nothing else

Amen!
Finally, some sense.
VAR has made me realise how many decisions we’ve allowed to let go during a match, it’s ridiculous how many years we’ve put up with offside goals and wrong penalty decisions. How anyone can be happy to go back to the officials guessing over VAR beats me.
Camera's, any thoughts on frames per second, and millimetres offside ?

It's probably not just an England thing but I think we can say well done for once instead of calling them shite. The USA are the best team in women's international football, huge favourites to win the tournament now. No disgrace in losing that by one goal, could have taken it into extra time with a little more luck.

Amen!
Finally, some sense.
VAR has made me realise how many decisions we’ve allowed to let go during a match, it’s ridiculous how many years we’ve put up with offside goals and wrong penalty decisions. How anyone can be happy to go back to the officials guessing over VAR beats me.

How the hell anyone who thinks VAR will help us next season is completely and utterly beyond me. You must think both the decisions against Spurs were absolutely correct ? Fair enough if you do, I don't. Lets reconvene a few matches into next season and see if you still think the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.