Welcome Rodri - Signing Confirmed

Looks a very good player from the videos I've seen, a very good tidy-upper who keeps things simple

To be fair it's not really what we bought him for and I've yet to see decent service into him.
The fact that I've yet to see a half decent pass from him in a City shirt is more of a concern

Can't argue with that, he's been disappointing so far. Hopefully Pep can get the best of him.

Welcome Rodri. It’s great to have you here.

I don’t know much about the lad, I’ll admit, but from what I’ve read, he is an exciting talent and I’m really looking forward to seeing him in a Blue shirt. It has been a painful experience at times over the last couple of years waiting for the club to sign a replacement/cover for Dinho, but if Rodri turns out to be as good as we expect, it will be worth the wait.

The lad is another one, who could be with us for the next decade. We are not just building for the coming season, but for the medium and long term too.

just had pleasure of listening to big gob on talkshite wow Spurs showing massive intent signing a 65 million Ndombele but wait for it ........... city have paid 62 yes 62.5 million for Him
so from now on he should just be called " him"
It’s funny how a player from the French league (from which many players to the Premier League have struggled mightily) is a solid, groundbreaking, intent-showing signing, whilst a player from the Spanish league (from which most players have thrived in England) is taking a risk and paying over the odds.

Wonder how a similar signing by Liverpool would be treated...

Who's a better number 6 now?

Most Spanish football pundits already think he was the best in Spain, there's no one in Italy, Germany or France who stands out. Verratti hasn't been great for a while, Busquets is on the decline, Casemiro is a hatchet man. Frenkie De Jong maybe? But he's not going to play there for Barca apparently.

His biggest competition is Fernandinho. Some people might say Kante but he's not really the same type of player at all.
I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve seen him play with my own 2 eyes, can’t say I’ve ever particularly watched Atletico in the last 12 months, and pretty sure not many (if any) have specifically watched the guy in many games to assess him properly.

Signs are good though, I’ll give you that.

Very exciting signing.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.