New phone upgrade

I’ve been with Three before and their service was shocking. Coverage bad too.

I really don't know what people want from a phone these days?

I have an LG K8 (2017) on an 18 month contract (£14/month - 500 minutes, 5000 text and 1GB data) which does everything I need it to. I mostly use internet through wifi, so I don't burn massive amounts of data.

It runs Android. I use Chrome and Explorer as my browsers which work fine. It easily deals with Lightroom Creative Cloud (camera and RAW file editor with cross platform cloud storage), and other less system intensive apps such as Whatsapp, youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Google Doc's etc, work without issue, and it is also fine with streaming services.

Oh, and it also works as a phone and SMS device.

Screen is fine, and the sound through headphones is decent enough. Bluetooth and Wifi connect without issue, and I can also connect to my Laptop and TV.
My massive alcatel pixl summat does all that as well, at a cost of 50 notes with a £6 a month sim. Dunno why people spend shit loads on phones and contracts.

At the last G20 summit, Trump and the Chinese PM sat down and agreed to revisit the trade deal, so it looks like Trump's bully tactics may work. He also specifically said that Huawei's ban could be lifted as long as there were no security threats (there aren't any). Hopefully its sorted in time for the Mate 30 Pro, which will probably be a beast.
He's such a tosser. Anyone with half a brain knew it wasn't because Huawei was a supposed security threat
It was all just pure politics

If you're looking for a sim only deal, I just signed the wife up today to a 12mth contract with SKY (o2 Network) 8 gigabytes of data, unlimited calls and texts £10 a month. Any data you don't use isn't wasted and rolls over for upto three years.

If you're looking for a sim only deal, I just signed the wife up today to a 12mth contract with SKY (o2 Network) 8 gigabytes of data, unlimited calls and texts £10 a month. Any data you don't use isn't wasted and rolls over for upto three years.
Good deal that but I'm not sure what sky's coverage is like

Looking at upgrading and considering some Xiaomi phones, anyone have any experience with them?
They're good bang for buck, their own UI is called MIUI and it's quite nice tbh, IMO it's better than Samsung's and different to stock Android. Stock updates are quite infrequent for them but they update MIUI quite regularly. One thing to note, make sure you read the notes if you are getting it shipped in from abroad as Chinese versions don't tend to come with the PlayStore and you would need to download that separately. If the price different isn't much, i'd personally go for a OnePlus.

He's such a tosser. Anyone with half a brain knew it wasn't because Huawei was a supposed security threat
It was all just pure politics
Yep and that's why the US got pissed off when UK didn't immediately ban Huawei. I have just seen a picture of what the new Mate 30 Pro is meant to look like from the back, it has 4 camera's in a circle, which looks like there is no lip on it so it wont stick out from the back. If they have the zoom function from the 30 pro along with the extras they throw into the Mate usually, it will be an amazing phone.

They're good bang for buck, their own UI is called MIUI and it's quite nice tbh, IMO it's better than Samsung's and different to stock Android. Stock updates are quite infrequent for them but they update MIUI quite regularly. One thing to note, make sure you read the notes if you are getting it shipped in from abroad as Chinese versions don't tend to come with the PlayStore and you would need to download that separately. If the price different isn't much, i'd personally go for a OnePlus.
I'd go for a OnePlus but they aren't quite as budget friendly as they used to be.
I really like the look of the Mi 9T as it has no notch so it's all screen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.