Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
Following the acquisition of Rodri, and the fact that Dinho has played at centre-back in the past, could we see him being used more regularly at the back in the coming season?

I know it wouldn’t be a long-term move, but Ferny's passing and distribution are both top-drawer and he could be an additional option for Pep.

Will be interesting how he managed this season...given we now have a genuine alternative .

He is with Brazil - injured currently....so will have a different role in terms of how much he plays

Will be interesting how he managed this season...given we now have a genuine alternative .

He is with Brazil - injured currently....so will have a different role in terms of how much he plays

If Dinho is fit, I think he will start the season as the incumbent pivot, and Rodri will be drafted in as the season progresses.

It’s a great position to be in, and one we haven’t had the luxury of for quite a while.

Following the acquisition of Rodri, and the fact that Dinho has played at centre-back in the past, could we see him being used more regularly at the back in the coming season?

I know it wouldn’t be a long-term move, but Ferny's passing and distribution are both top-drawer and he could be an additional option for Pep.
Mascherano at Barca springs to mind, can't recall if Pep was the Manager who first played him at cb?

I think we'll see him used from the start quite a lot during the early weeks of the season. It's one thing to sign Rodri but it's another thing to blood him in slowly. Once Rodri's transition is complete I think we'll use Fernandinho as a back-up defensive midfielder as well as a back-up centre-half. Pep played him as a "false #6" (I can't believe that's a term) against Arsenal last season - without the ball Fern slipped into defence next to Otamendi, but he stepped into midfield and began our attacks as soon as we got the ball back. Just another Pep innovation in a long line of them.

The guy is every bit a city legend as any of the other players we love. The workrate of him at his age is just incredible a serial winner and a real pro. Rodri has alot of live up to and has a fight on his hands to get Fern out of this team.

Fern is still one of the best in the world at what he does, if not the very best. He should start every game he can in midfield - Rodri will get his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.