Welcome Rodri - Signing Confirmed

Read or seen somewhere City scouts not only judge players on their football ability but also their personalities and how they conduct themselves off the pitch. Think it might of been @twosips who mentioned this
Khaldoon said it in his interview and pep has said the same,we are very careful,probably why we walk away from a lot of players that we are initially interested in,no gobby ****s in our team

I was joking about watching every minute he has played from a fairly high perspective (showing the the entire pitch, from an angle that allows you to optimally assess player positions and relative movement), which would allow you to assess that aspect of a DM’s performances (as it is one of the activities of performance analysts, sport scientists, coaches, and/or scouts), but would require countless hours, which is why it is mostly only done by the afore mentioned professionals. :-)
Ahhh ok, gotcha.

Interested to know why they've decided to hold an open press conference for him. Have we done that before for a new signing ? Usual journo suspects asking the loaded questions. Asking him what he thinks of Manchester and the people when all he's seen is the Etihad Campus and the restaurant he dined at last night is certainly reaching. Anyway, he seems like a mature, confident guy who speaks very good English and should fit in well. Seems focused on the football and the team rather than the spotlight for himself.

Watched the video of his press conference. He’s certainly got his head screwed on and is bright and articulate. Has all the ingredients to be a fantastic signing. Let’s give him a warm welcome, be patient with him - whilst he settles and gets used to the pace of the game and hopefully he can become a long term blue. Good luck Rodri !

Very impressed already. Only first interview but comes across as an intelligent, grounded and modest young man. English pretty good and questions answered in a calm, thoughtful and measured manner. No bullshit whatsoever. Fits the Club’s ‘player blueprint’ perfectly, it would seem. We’ve clearly done our ‘homework’ - again!

Spot on...getting very good vibes about this guy already. I have the feeling he will be forcing his way into the team fairly quickly.

Interested to know why they've decided to hold an open press conference for him. Have we done that before for a new signing ? Usual journo suspects asking the loaded questions. Asking him what he thinks of Manchester and the people when all he's seen is the Etihad Campus and the restaurant he dined at last night is certainly reaching. Anyway, he seems like a mature, confident guy who speaks very good English and should fit in well. Seems focused on the football and the team rather than the spotlight for himself.
I'm guessing the press officer isn't too far away, semi automatic at the ready.

All the signs are positive from the presser just glad we have got him in after last season and the Mahrez deal it was key we got in a few more. It was tight last season. This signing it will hopefully reinforce the spine. Now for me the next signings will be Sane and Gundogan getting new contracts and this window for me would be very good business so far. Cherry on the top of the cake would be a centre back but so far so good.

Khaldoon said it in his interview and pep has said the same,we are very careful,probably why we walk away from a lot of players that we are initially interested in,no gobby ****s in our team
There are also certain agents we will just not deal with because of the disruption they cause. One of the great things about having money is we can afford to walk away from deals. If Rodri is half as good as the Laporte signing we will have struck Gold.

a good signing and long term with his age so should just slot in that role just in front of the back 2, even opens up the possibility of a 3 at the back and playing as a old fashion sweeper giving the full backs even more room to bomb up front, so lets hope he settles down quick and find his feet ?? pep can show him the ropes in england and not over play or hold on to the ball too long because in england you don't have the time before they are on you

but looks to have a tackle in him and tall and strong and dare i say could become the new yaya not fernandinho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.