John Mcririck

One of Mac’s early jobs was manning the racing desk on Grandstand. If you see archive footage of broadcasts from the 70’s you’ll often see John sat at a desk directly behind the presenter.
He enjoyed working with Frank Bough but despised David Coleman who he described as a bully.

I remember watching him on the Morning Line on channel 4 with my Granda whilst waiting for Football Italia to come on!

He certainly brightened up the Morning Line, that’s for sure

One of Mac’s early jobs was manning the racing desk on Grandstand. If you see archive footage of broadcasts from the 70’s you’ll often see John sat at a desk directly behind the presenter.
He enjoyed working with Frank Bough but despised David Coleman who he described as a bully.

Yeah and big Frank Bough was a submissive lol

My experience of meeting him is the very opposite.

He was stood leaning on the rails of the paddock at Aintree just watching the horses being led around before the first race when I recognised him and said hello.
We chatted for a couple of minutes about the contenders and we both were taken by a grey novice hurdler named Desert Orchid. Wonder what happened to that horse?
He was very very gracious and had no ego at all when I spoke to him.
He had many faults but was a fun lover and deep down had a kind heart.

I, and Racing, will miss the big man.

You got on that well you let him bone you?

I met him at the St Leger meeting at Doncaster about 10 yrs ago, had a chat with him , nice guy RIP John McCrirrick.

The Mark e Smith of horse racing, enjoyed his eccentricity pushed certain attitudes a little too far for this day and age . Rip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.