City's New Kits - 2019/20

Took my little boy today, we went specially for the photos - unfortunately on a day listed as "family friendly for the kids" they had a DJ and a speaker thumping out music louder than a club right next to the trophies, you could hear it the bottom of joe mercer way. We went in the shop, stood by the trophies, noticed he had burst into tears holding his ears, we went outside and he said he wanted to go home and cried hysterically for the next 20 minutes saying he doesn't want to go to city again. We were literally in and out the shop within 3 minutes :(

Not city's fault. But. Why have music that loud, seriously.

You're right, it was very loud this afternoon. I couldn't hear the other 1/2. It was top.

Is the City Store in the city centre open again? I thought it was closed down and with the one at the Etihad being closed for renovation for a whole month there was no mention of the city centre one ... can someone in Manchester confirm pls?

Why does City have this info on their website:

CityStore Information
Stadium Store Opening times

1st July - 5th July 8am - 8pm

Saturday 9am - 6pm

Sunday - 10.30am - 4.30pm (Browsing from 10am)

Matchday - Closed at Kick off - Open for 1 hour after the match

Check back for exciting information on the store launch

Address; The Etihad Stadium Etihad Campus Manchester M11 3FF

+44 0161 444 1894

CityStore In The City

Opening Times

Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm

Saturday 9am - 7pm

Sunday 11.30am - 5.30pm

Bank Holidays 10am - 6pm

Address

Unit 167 Halle Mall Arndale Centre Manchester M1 1AZ

+44 0161 444 1894

Remember that Cityzens will receive 10% discount instore on production of your current Cityzens Card/Seasoncard. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Took my little boy today, we went specially for the photos - unfortunately on a day listed as "family friendly for the kids" they had a DJ and a speaker thumping out music louder than a club right next to the trophies, you could hear it the bottom of joe mercer way. We went in the shop, stood by the trophies, noticed he had burst into tears holding his ears, we went outside and he said he wanted to go home and cried hysterically for the next 20 minutes saying he doesn't want to go to city again. We were literally in and out the shop within 3 minutes :(

Not city's fault. But. Why have music that loud, seriously.

The music was loud, but they were playing some great Manchester tunes !!

The mascots were advertised 11 till 3. They appeared at 11 on the dot. No idea what time they stayed till

Have to agree about the trophies. Disappointed that not all 4 were there. Probably won’t get chance to see all 4 together again (unless we beat the dippers)

The music on Saturday was ridiculously loud. Why would anyone think that that type of music would promote sales. Music aimed at a younger audience will mostly alienate an older customer who mainly has more money to spend. Me and Mrs Flyer couldn't get out quickly enough. An awful buying experience for two older City fans.

As an aside Coventry have brought out a very smart kit for next year

I think our new home top would look better with less purple and the sponsor, Puma logo and 125 years in white to give a more crisp appearance (this is always the case though and as a new home kit is brought out every year they have to veer away from this ideal to return at some point)

2hrpbb8.jpg

That's a nice homage to one of their iconic kits.

Vintage-Original-Coventry-City-Hummel-Shirt-1987-Mens.jpg

The music on Saturday was ridiculously loud. Why would anyone think that that type of music would promote sales. Music aimed at a younger audience will mostly alienate an older customer who mainly has more money to spend. Me and Mrs Flyer couldn't get out quickly enough. An awful buying experience for two older City fans.

They didn't have live music when I went on the day of the launch, but there was some rap, or R&B or whatever it's called, playing over the sound system. I noticed it was quite heavily laden with strong swearing (f this & f that) & presumed it was by the guy they'd had on at the launch party the night before. Didn't bother me, but I'd imagine any parents in there with their kids might have had a bit of a shock if they'd been paying attention and realised the content of the lyrics. I presume it just slipped through the net!

And the staff where defo not happy with it.

Can somebody please put up a close up pic of the away shirt sleeves, ant get one in Preston and want to see what they're like before I order online. Ta

It’s not just older fans this isn’t good for.

I’m not old and like to go to gigs and clubs where your ears can be ringing for a day afterwards, but I just can’t fathom why City (and other football clubs to be fair) think that they need to play music at games or events at volume 15 [when it only goes up to 10!]. For some bizarre reason football clubs seem to think that loud music creates an atmosphere. Whether that be for a football game or for a event.

It’s fucking stupid, it’s not the time or the place for blaring music, people are trying to have a conversation and can’t because the music is too loud. Or people are trying to get some songs going in the stands at the game but can’t because the music is too loud.

So it’s not your experience that’s awful, it’s many peoples’, younger and older.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.