VAR (PL introduction 2019)

hope your right matey,funny though i agree ref standards at the moment are pretty dire,ive been watching city since 72 and i can honestly say i have never left the ground feeling hard done to by a ref or i may have done but cant remember TBH, i think my other post about VAR sounds better, i was saying it will evolve within the game,but what we need are instant computer based decisions not human,if the technology is not quite their yet it will be soon, imagine a system that will make a 100% fail proof decision in a tenth of a second

It should be easy for an individual to get the correct decision the majority of the time. Goal Line and Offside should take seconds. The Pen in the Woman's WCF is a great example of VAR correcting an error (Not blaming the Ref in that instance, her view was blocked, although not sure what the lines person was up too).

What I would say it does feel as though they almost want to discredit it. Taking an age to make a simple decision. The Ref trotting to the side of the pitch is also bullshit! No other sport has that, makes you wonder why football didn't utilise the "Best Practices" of Cricket/Rugby!!

makes you wonder why football didn't utilise the "Best Practices" of Cricket/Rugby!!

Because they still feel the need to give certain teams a helping hand, number one fact in this equation is which two teams will not show VAR replays next season?

Answers on a postcard addressed to Scouse land and Stretford.

Examples where its been offside but not been given!!

Few, but Harry Kane was offside v Chelsea.

But it will be used to almost perfection & 1cm offside will be offside, which is why it's already ruining football imo.

Many of the best goals ever would have been disallowed under this system. Offside was never designed as a system for teams to stand in a line & spoil attacks, which is why it used to give forwards 'the benefit of the doubt'.

This is shite. Offside by a toe ? Nonsense.

But it will be used to almost perfection & 1cm offside will be offside, which is why it's already ruining football imo.

Many of the best goals ever would have been disallowed under this system. Offside was never designed as a system for teams to stand in a line & spoil attacks, which is why it used to give forwards 'the benefit of the doubt'.

I think you'll find the official VAR was level, Chelsea's dodgy pic after the ball was kicked wasn't. However, its got loads completely correct must be into the hundreds since!!

I totally disagree, if the tech is there to show someone's offside then use it. The alternative is we know someone is offside, but just ignore it. Which is ludicrous!!

If it wasn't designed for that, but that is what is happening, then maybe the offside law is wrong, not VAR

I think you'll find the official VAR was level, Chelsea's dodgy pic after the ball was kicked wasn't. However, its got loads completely correct must be into the hundreds since!!

I totally disagree, if the tech is there to show someone's offside then use it. The alternative is we know someone is offside, but just ignore it. Which is ludicrous!!

The official v.a.r. was a joke & chose the feet to make a line when Kane was clearly leaning forward.

But I won't be having this argument a year from now, if it's as bad as I fear it will be, as I won't be bothering anymore.

Those who like computer football can enjoy goals being disallowed & fans stopping celebrating with any passion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.