Wimbledon 2019

Why do the women only play best of 3? Seems a bit sexist to me.

Arguably it makes for a tougher game because if you lose the first set when it's best of three it means you have got no more room for error. Lots more men come back from losing the first set to win the match than women.

Reading the reports on the Konta game, it seems she threw it away today. 4-1 up in the first set, yeah? "Error Strewn" seems to be a recurring theme in the reports. Pity.

Reading the reports on the Konta game, it seems she threw it away today. 4-1 up in the first set, yeah? "Error Strewn" seems to be a recurring theme in the reports. Pity.

Head went and as you say over 30 unforced errors.

Other lass had the game of her life mind but it was still a shit show from Konta.

Head went and as you say over 30 unforced errors.

Other lass had the game of her life mind but it was still a shit show from Konta.
People on twitter (yes, I know!) suggesting that she has the game, but not the mental strength, to win a slam event. Up to her to go out and prove them wrong.

Journalist in “being a ****” shocker.

Fair play to Konta with her responses...

Journalist: “Looking at numbers, 33 unforced errors, then you had a smash at the net which you hit straight to her, then towards the end of the third set you had a double-fault, then missed a drive volley. Do you not have to look at yourself a little bit about how you cope with these big points? It’s all very well saying it’s a lot to do with your opponent, but there were key points when you perhaps could have done better.”

Konta: “Is that in your professional tennis opinion?”

Journalist: “No, that’s just as a watching spectator with everyone else on Centre Court willing you on. And the numbers are IBM’s.”

Konta: “Okay. I mean, I don’t think you need to pick on me in a harsh way. I mean, I think I’m very open with you guys. I say how I feel out there. If you don’t want to accept that answer or you don’t agree with it, that’s fine. I still believe in the tennis that I play. I still believe in the way I competed. Yeah, I don’t have much else to say to your question.”

Journalist: “I’m just asking you as somebody who presumably wants to go on from here, learn from this, win a Grand Slam one day. Is it not something—”

Konta: “Please don’t patronise me.”

Journalist: “I’m not patronising you.”

Konta: “No, no, you are. In the way you’re asking your question, you’re being quite disrespectful and you’re patronising me. I’m a professional competitor who did her best today, and that’s all there is to that.”

Moderator: “Let’s move on to the next question.”

No doubt the journalist will get a pat on the back from his editor because that’s what they think good journalism is - being a WUM!

Journalist in “being a ****” shocker.

Fair play to Konta with her responses...

Journalist: “Looking at numbers, 33 unforced errors, then you had a smash at the net which you hit straight to her, then towards the end of the third set you had a double-fault, then missed a drive volley. Do you not have to look at yourself a little bit about how you cope with these big points? It’s all very well saying it’s a lot to do with your opponent, but there were key points when you perhaps could have done better.”

Konta: “Is that in your professional tennis opinion?”

Journalist: “No, that’s just as a watching spectator with everyone else on Centre Court willing you on. And the numbers are IBM’s.”

Konta: “Okay. I mean, I don’t think you need to pick on me in a harsh way. I mean, I think I’m very open with you guys. I say how I feel out there. If you don’t want to accept that answer or you don’t agree with it, that’s fine. I still believe in the tennis that I play. I still believe in the way I competed. Yeah, I don’t have much else to say to your question.”

Journalist: “I’m just asking you as somebody who presumably wants to go on from here, learn from this, win a Grand Slam one day. Is it not something—”

Konta: “Please don’t patronise me.”

Journalist: “I’m not patronising you.”

Konta: “No, no, you are. In the way you’re asking your question, you’re being quite disrespectful and you’re patronising me. I’m a professional competitor who did her best today, and that’s all there is to that.”

Moderator: “Let’s move on to the next question.”

No doubt the journalist will get a pat on the back from his editor because that’s what they think good journalism is - being a WUM!

you know what i think the journalist is spot on here and asked the right questions ?? the truth is Konta bottled it again from a being 4.1 up and looking good to out in a flash, konta is a cover for the lack of young british ladies in tennis ?? and the LTA have put a lot of money into ladies tennis and still miles away from producing anything on the world level and good enough to win majors

the truth hurts and when you try to defend the question and have no answer ?? then you go on the front foot and blame the journalist and dare you ask that question to me, am the british number 1 and you can not ask that question ???? bottled it again that is what everybody thinks of konta

you know what i think the journalist is spot on here and asked the right questions ?? the truth is Konta bottled it again from a being 4.1 up and looking good to out in a flash, konta is a cover for the lack of young british ladies in tennis ?? and the LTA have put a lot of money into ladies tennis and still miles away from producing anything on the world level and good enough to win majors

the truth hurts and when you try to defend the question and have no answer ?? then you go on the front foot and blame the journalist and dare you ask that question to me, am the british number 1 and you can not ask that question ???? bottled it again that is what everybody thinks of konta
Load of bollocks -don't you think she would be questioning herself. Think the journo is Matt Dunn, Arsenal fan who thinks our trophies should have an asterisk!!! A complete nob head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.