Viagogo: 1000’s Of Home Match Tickets For Next Season On Sale!

jrb

Where are Viagogo getting the tickets from?

As the club no longer use Viagogo, I’m assuming they aren’t coming from City?

A86-E679-D-7-D5-E-4-E5-B-BCFA-272-F4-D87-E9-AE.png

F4-A58-CFE-DCA1-429-A-8303-1995-CEB30035.png

The Mancunian package against United is £1463.00

Course they come from City but they use a third party to distribute them to the ticket agency sites.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/may/30/viagogo-what-is-it-secondary-ticketing-website

I recently attended a concert. The usual ticket seller Ticketmaster has nothing available so I ended up buying tickets on Viagogo. The markup was not extortionate and the whole process was very efficient.

What I did find interesting is when I got to the venue there were quite o lot of empty seats so clearly the event was not a sell out. What I suspect is happening is that viagogo or people acting on their behalf are buying up large numbers of tickets and because of their healthy markup they are not concerned if a few tickets temain unsold. Could this be the reason for the empty seats at the Etihad ?

I thought the club wanted to do something about the empty seats? Obviously not.

Could this be the reason for the empty seats at the Etihad ?
One of the reasons, ticket touts, corporate/promotional events, people not bothering with the ticket exchange all contribute. Our matchday income last I checked is quite good though. So I don't think the club is doing enough from it's own side to tackle the issue of empty seats for that reason.

One of the reasons, ticket touts, corporate/promotional events, people not bothering with the ticket exchange all contribute. Our matchday income last I checked is quite good though. So I don't think the club is doing enough from it's own side to tackle the issue of empty seats for that reason.
As far as the Club is concerned the tickets have been sold and the event is a sell out. The empty seats are, as you say, down to corporate tickets, resellers and people not bothering to turn up.

The club doesn’t really have any financial motivation to deal with the empty seat issue. Optically, it looks bad and if the Club wanted to deal with it they would have to penalise the ticket owner for non-attendance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.