Douglas Luiz (signed for Villa)

Not such good business if the buy back clause is £25 million.

Id be shocked if it was lower than £30m, probably closer to £40m. But even then if he plays well enough to think thats a good deal it doesnt really matter.
A few of my villa mates actually think it may be linked to a future grealish transfer to city (moving ahead of spurs). Either in writing or in relationship.
They may be overselling him, but always looked decent when i watched them last season

Err, you must have misread my post mate.
I didn't ask the logic of this transfer but the rules of Home Office per se.
Please read again.

I do understand UK doesn't want to open the boarders for foreign workers
but if a company has found a foreign expert who is unavailable in UK
AND he can care for his daily life not short of money and anything else
then why does he only get a work permit for company A if he would like to join company B instead at same terms?
Isn't that obviously a system error?

And further: if he gets the work permit and he joins company B next January, would he keep his work permit?
But wouldn't that be circumventing the rules?

There is fundamental problem in those regulations IMO: relative valuations of wages and transfer fees.

I did understand your post. I outlined the logic of his eligibility to meet the criteria being higher this year, compared to last. For us, first of all. And then, in addition, potentially even further for Villa, as wages and fees Are a tangible criteria. Not just in football, but any work permit scenario, as are age, qualifications etc.

Sure, you can see a problem with the overall procedure and how it is assessed. I could agree. But thats a whole other (lengthy) discussion.

Valid point re what happens to his work permit should he transfer to us later, or anyone else. i don't know or wouldnt pretend to. In other more typical scenarios, the work permit is typically relative to that employer, doesnt mean you cant get one for a new employer, but it would need revisited.
Not sure how that applies to the exceptional talent category. my guess would be, it sets a precedent for him, if he is eligeble as a talent he persumably doesnt lose his talent. Also, chances might be, by then he might be eligeble more conventionally, having earned the caps for brazil.

Either way, i'm not claiming i think he is likely to get a work permit. just that i can see the arguement in it, and that both clubs must as well, if they are going ahead with this. And that i'm not dismissing it offhand.

I don't know how Villa's squad is shaping up, but presumably if they're spending 15m on him he's going to play. Will definitely be watching him with interest next year. Great move for all parties involved.

Not such good business if the buy back clause is £25 million.

Even if the buy back clause was £40m, it would be still good business. If it’s £25 million, then we’re on to a winner if he turns out good for Villa. We’d be getting a gundogan replacement for £10m.

Love how well run City are, everything seems to be planned out to perfection.

Permit sorted ???? well well well

it used to be a european visa for south america players to work in europe and the uk, but last season manchester city was turned down a visa for him ????? is there somebody at the home office who hate man city ??? i hate this sort of thing with city at the moment it the only side of the club being run that you can question ?? we are buying up young talent to keep them out of other hands and loan them straight out ?? its farming young talent and its use to build up good relations with agents and dare i say wrong ???

Permit sorted ???? well well well

it used to be a european visa for south america players to work in europe and the uk, but last season manchester city was turned down a visa for him ????? is there somebody at the home office who hate man city ??? i hate this sort of thing with city at the moment it the only side of the club being run that you can question ?? we are buying up young talent to keep them out of other hands and loan them straight out ?? its farming young talent and its use to build up good relations with agents and dare i say wrong ???

You not read this thread then? It explains it all.

You not read this thread then? It explains it all.

your right jumped to the last page ?????

i don't get the club (city) with this sort of thing ??? its the only thing that can be questioned when we buy up young talent and loan them straight out again ??? i don't like it and other than making a couple of million here and there its old school farming talent to stop others picking them up, also is does not look good with our youth academy and the money input we have setup to produce our own players when we are stockpiling other clubs youths talent ????

your right jumped to the last page ?????

i don't get the club (city) with this sort of thing ??? its the only thing that can be questioned when we buy up young talent and loan them straight out again ??? i don't like it and other than making a couple of million here and there its old school farming talent to stop others picking them up, also is does not look good with our youth academy and the money input we have setup to produce our own players when we are stockpiling other clubs youths talent ????

See Domalino's explanation below

This is actually a brilliant move by the club to get him a work permit, and the reasons are that a lot of the points in the appeals system are based on your importance to the club you join.

The biggest difference maker will be his wages. Here are the possible points a player can get -

3pts - Fee is in the top 25% of all PL transfers this summer.

2pts - Fee is in the top 50% of all PL transfers this summer.

3pts - The wages are in the top 25% at the club.

2pts - The wages are in the top 50% at the club.

1pt - The players current club is in a top league and he played 30% or more games.

1pt - the players current club is in European competition and played 30% of games.

At Villa, Luiz will probably be in the top 25% of earners, so that gets him 3pts straight away. You only need 4 points to get through so it's a game changer.

He should get at least 1 for playing in a top league last year, and probably £15m will be in the top 50% of transfers, so that'll be 2.

Which would give him 6 points. At City he'd only get 1 - for playing fir Girona.

But the great thing is that once he gets his work permit at Villa, they can't take it away easily, so if we have a cheap buyback clause we can get him back next season and he'll be able to play for us.

That alone was my point. ;-)

Fair enough, and for what it's worth, i agree with you and with your original point raised. In some ways, criteria like this are always inherently prejudicial by default. If it is say a minimum amount high threshold, in any job really, then places like London will realistically be the only likely ones to offer that, or in football, top clubs. If it is a proportional percentage of the local surrounding, i.e salary must be within top 25%, then somewhere in Scotland would be far more likely than say London, with the exact same wage on offer. Or in football clubs, a smaller club.

What i was adding to that, is that this is not the sole differennce between him signing for Villa and being with us, that potentially suddenly enables him to get a work permit he couldn't last year. His improvement as a player you would think must come into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.