Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

As Mangala couldn't find a club when he was in a position to sign a pre-contract agreement from last January onwards and could sign for a new club with no fee involved to us on July 1st then that shows the level of interest in him....zero.

As now a buying club would have to pay us money and then satisfy Mangala on the wages front then it's beyond comprehension how anyone thinks we can offload him. The suggestion above that it's a form of amortisation dodge is ridiculous as his book value is zero at the end of his last contract. All the extra year means is his book value is nominal for another year.

Like others have said, it really surprised me too that the club extended his contract. Why would another club want to take him when he was basically injured most of the time? He already has earned enough so we don't owe him anything. I think it was pretty bizarre from the club to give him one more year.

Like others have said, it really surprised me too that the club extended his contract. Why would another club want to take him when he was basically injured most of the time? He already has earned enough so we don't owe him anything. I think it was pretty bizarre from the club to give him one more year.
Is there a possibility on his original contract there was a option for a one extension activated by either side ?

I dunno what all the panic is about. Everyone knows the poor lad needs to move on. He’s not been a great signing but he will move on over the summer and I personally wish him all the best. People talk as if he’s gonna be in our starting line up for the first game of the season... he won’t be any where near our squad after September.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.