Food From Your Youth

Farex (a bit like ready-brek). Loved the stuff.

We also used to have fried egg and chips for tea. Just egg and chips! I haven't had or seen that meal in ages, In fact I think I'll see if the Missus can rustle it up for tea tonight :-)
That is my favourite meal of all time, two fried eggs, loads of chips and four rounds of bread and butter

Well, sorry to disappoint and ruin the tone of the thread but I actually ate normal fucking food.

The only contribution I have that would fit in was Fray Bentos pies. An abomination and whoever invented that shite needs to be dragged through the streets, screaming. Its not even a pie, it doesn't have a crust base.

Proper bacon sarnies at my grans. Fatty bacon, fresh from the butchers and wrapped in greaseproof paper, then grilled, with none of the white shitty stuff you get nowadays and proper crusty bread dipped in the fat. I was about 6 when I remembered them and I can still taste them now.
Herring roes, dipped in flour and fried in butter. Still nice today if you know a decent fishmonger.

Proper bacon sarnies at my grans. Fatty bacon, fresh from the butchers and wrapped in greaseproof paper, then grilled, with none of the white shitty stuff you get nowadays and proper crusty bread dipped in the fat. I was about 6 when I remembered them and I can still taste them now.
Herring roes, dipped in flour and fried in butter. Still nice today if you know a decent fishmonger.
We still get our bacon from the local butcher, who’s brother owns the farm with the pigs on. No white scum around the pan when cooking it.

UCP Cafe in Stockport - Elder and thick seam for supper

7hW5iCx.jpg

and black tripe for those 'special occassions'

Vesta beef curries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.