Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player but not worth that sort of money. I’ll say it time and time again - why are we not going balls deep for Alderweirld?

If we do get a 2 window ban then let's hope Tixi has someone else in line because IMO we don't look tight at CB in big Champions League games.
Maguire would not have improved our chances in the Champions league in my opinion, he'd be out of his depth at that level.

I agree Stones can sometimes be outclassed by top quality strikers which is why, if we buy someone, it needs to be a significant improvement on what we have rather than Maguire who is a downgrade on our current options.

Just herd on radio, I know we have limits but somewhere along the line we have to go with it, he definately makes UTD better although not title winners but so much stronger.

Yes he's not VVD but he's certainly better than current Otamendi.

Strange from City what's another £5m with ad ons??
Worth bearing in mind that the sources claiming we were interested in him are by no means reliable. What we do know is that khaldoon openly and publicly laughed at the fee paid for vvd, so it's hard to see him being interested similar for maguire.

you have to laugh at the rags, desperation at its finest. hes a good player, but no value and rags massively overpaid as usual.

£80m....

Of course this will be reported as shrewd purchase and NOT inflating the market price like Lukaku, Pogba and the wages for Sanchez.

They now have 3 of the only 5 £70m above players in the league. Well done.

Edit: forgot about Morata.

Funny how when it's United it's £60m + £20m. Nearly every transfer has add ons, yet only the full sum is normally reported. Next year they will have only paid £40m for him with £5m in add ons and in 5 years time they'll be calling him an academy graduate.

Good player but not worth that sort of money. I’ll say it time and time again - why are we not going balls deep for Alderweirld?
And people will say it time and time again that we don’t have a free foreign space in the squad. Otamendi has a better injury record and is more physical so suits what we need so no chance we even replace otamendi with him.

Can’t help but feel a bit disappointed that we have missed out on maguire and in the process a rival has been strengthened. Worry about playing the physical sides next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.