David Silva leaves City after 10 years

He was a fucking mile away from it last season with his form from January onwards, in general.
He wasn't supposed to play as much last season but with kev out he had to,you can't flog a 33 yr old all season,the pundits are talking about his whole time here,there were plenty of years he was the best in the league

Frank Lampard on @21LVA [2015]: "From the moment I arrived and started training with him in pre-season I could better appreciate his weight of pass, movement, and his touch and he could play in any team in the world.

Thierry Henry on @21LVA [2017]: "He's the best creative midfielder we've seen in this league. He plays the same against every team. He puts his foot in and doesn't shy away from the ball. He's brave off the ball and on the ball. What a player."

Jamie Carragher on @21LVA [2017]: "He's the best creative midfielder we've seen in this league. He plays the same against every team. He puts his foot in and doesn't shy away from the ball. He's brave off the ball and on the ball. What a player."

Obvs the last 2 have read out a sky script

Gary Neville on @21LVA [2018]: "I can’t think of many players from a rival club that have been a credit to the game on and off the pitch as much as David Silva. Immersed himself in the city, never complains, always plays and performs brilliantly."

Former Rangers manager Ally McCoist on @21LVA [2019]: "He’s one of the best foreign imports in the Premier League, I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. He’s just an absolutely magical wee footballer. He’s very comfortable on the ball..."

Pep Guardiola on @21LVA [2019]: "He has been one of the greats in Spanish and European football. He has played for nine years in Manchester and it is not easy to perform in that league for someone with his qualities. He has done incredibly well.”

He wasn't supposed to play as much last season but with kev out he had to,you can't flog a 33 yr old all season,the pundits are talking about his whole time here,there were plenty of years he was the best in the league
I think he's the best City player I've seen and he's been consistently great for 10 years. That said I'm not sure even City fans have voted him our player of the year that often, always seems to be eclipsed by someone every year. Genuine question how many times has he won our POTY?

I’ll respectfully disagree. I don’t think he’s been the best player in the league in terms of stand out campaigns in the time he has been here. He’s not even been our stand out player in multiple seasons for our team alone.

One of the best, yes. Possibly the most consistent in terms of high standards, yes.

I think he's the best City player I've seen and he's been consistently great for 10 years. That said I'm not sure even City fans have voted him our player of the year that often, always seems to be eclipsed by someone every year. Genuine question how many times has he won our POTY?
Cue the abuse from the Yaya thread bearers ;-)

I’ll respectfully disagree. I don’t think he’s been the best player in the league in terms of stand out campaigns in the time he has been here. He’s not even been our stand out player in multiple seasons for our team alone.

One of the best, yes. Possibly the most consistent in terms of high standards, yes.
He has gone about his work quietly,there were years when if he was injured we all had a cold sweat,he was that important

Once i think

He has gone about his work quietly,there were years when if he was injured we all had a cold sweat,he was that important

I’m not arguing that at all. I agree, and that’s why he’s not been a contender for a player of the season award IMO. Whereas he ticks over and keeps his standard high, there have been other players who have had their purple patches or their stand out campaigns which has seen them in the front running for these awards. See - Suarez (should have been Yaya), Hazard, Van Pricksie, Mahrez, Bernie and Sterling considered over his name this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.