AFCon 2019

B B

Ballet-on-ice

Sunday 14th July, most European teams have already started pre-season some are even starting their pre-season tours.

The women's world cup, the Copa America and the euro under 21s, have all been completed. Yet here we are, 3 weeks before the season opener begins and we are still at the semi final stage of the Africa Cup of nations.

It just seems ridiculous that it's been permitted to carry on this long. Its a pain in the arse tournament and no doubt it will take quite a long time for most clubs African players to rest and get back to season starting fitness and sharpness.

Sunday 14th July, most European teams have already started pre-season some are even starting their pre-season tours.

The women's world cup, the Copa America and the euro under 21s, have all been completed. Yet here we are, 3 weeks before the season opener begins and we are still at the semi final stage of the Africa Cup of nations.

It just seems ridiculous that it's been permitted to carry on this long. Its a pain in the arse tournament and no doubt it will take quite a long time for most clubs African players to rest and get back to season starting fitness and sharpness.
Better than when it was in January. Same as the world cup wasn’t today the wc final. If a team buys African players they know when the tournaments are, same as South American or European players for that matter.

Blame FIFA & UEFA for this mate. AFCON was forced to switch its calender to summer because the European clubs wanted it that way despite African nations telling them that the climate in June & July is not conducive for good football.

Just point to note AFCON has been going longer than European Championship. But money talks mate and sadly and African football just ain't got cash to flex their muscles at the present time.

I couldn't give a fuck when they play. At least there's a game on this afternoon to watch.
Just shows how interested city fans are about this competition not even got a thread for it on here ? Or have i missed it.

I looked for one to add my original post to but couldn't find it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.