Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is our next target for CB if any? I dont get why we were not in for Manolas he went so cheap from Roma. If we really need homegrown player to come in we are fucked a bit UK defenders not that good. Like Maguire not bad but not a high class defender still costing a club record price...

The fee is very relevant. We need to work to a budget and it's important to stick to our valuations, otherwise people will try to mug us over future transfers.

If Ushited go through with this, anytime a club sells to them they will expect nothing less than an exhorbitant fee (which they already do tbh).
15/20m either way means fuck all. Of course he's not worth that but thats the market price for a current English international. Its the price we pay for selling our soul to sky. everyone know prem teams are wadded.

So who is our next target for CB if any? I dont get why we were not in for Manolas he went so cheap from Roma. If we really need homegrown player to come in we are fucked a bit UK defenders not that good. Like Maguire not bad but not a high class defender still costing a club record price...
Dias at Benfica

If reports are true that he's going to united for £80m, it makes the VVD deal - which was absolutely ridiculous 12 months ago - look like a bit of a steel.

I did hope that we signed him, if he was the man Pep wanted, but I do like the way City won't be forced to pay well over the valuation.

I predict it's just a matter of time before those, that now accuse us of 'buying the league', start calling us stingy and tight fisted.
75m was a steel for vanDyke regardless of the Maguire fee.

The price for any player is irrelevant if they fit into the team/squad and are successful.

75m was a steel for vanDyke regardless of the Maguire fee.

The price for any player is irrelevant if they fit into the team/squad and are successful.
Price is not irrelevant as explained often before and most certainly is relevant in this case. There are a small nimber of players you would throw the financial rulebook out the window for HM is not one of them. We have numerous alternatives for the short term and in the long run we will hopefully get an ideal target.

Price is not irrelevant as explained often before and most certainly is relevant in this case. There are a small nimber of players you would throw the financial rulebook out the window for HM is not one of them. We have numerous alternatives for the short term and in the long run we will hopefully get an ideal target.
I'm hoping in the long term Garcia or Hardwood can step up and be that replacement.

It'll not do much harm with Laporte, Ota & Stones taking the main strain for a while after all we have other options to a lesser extent of Walker/Fern.

Price is irrelevant when the team has lost its leader and still very good CB, has Otermendi in decline and John Stones MIA at important times during the season.
Our club wants to challenge on all fronts, in my opinion we are a lot weaker in defence than this time last season

any player from the premier league will be a very high fee, the simple reason is English clubs don't really need the money, if you think that the relegated teams get £100m ,teams that don't yoyo are minted and aren't forced to lower their prices.

any player from the premier league will be a very high fee, the simple reason is English clubs don't really need the money, if you think that the relegated teams get £100m ,teams that don't yoyo are minted and aren't forced to lower their prices.

Exactly this .

The FA / PL or whoever insisted on a " home grown " quota helped to create this premium price for every half-decent English player , which together with the money clubs get each season results in these " inflated fees " for the likes of Maguire.

If a team only has room for a " home grown " player, then the price is going to be inflated .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.