Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

I thought guidelines are just that.
Roy wasn't given out either - swings and roundabouts with umpires.
Yes, that's how cricket works. It only really becomes a talking point in very tight games.

And yes, it is only a guide for the umpire, but the rule for a wide is if the batter can hit it based on a normal guard position when the ball is bowled. If the batter moves one set of stumps to off, so does the guide. The batsman even took a swipe and the ball went under his bat and he wasn't stretching. It wasn't a terrible decision, but it was at a key point in the game and Archer was clearly disrupted by it.

Yes, the Sri Lanken umpire. I made a racist assumption based on his colour. To me he was just an umpire.

Both umpires made the mistake as the second umpire should have signaled only one completed run. He didnt. With the speed of the professional game, both are too busy getting into position to view the ball possibly hitting the stumps at their end as the fielder picks the ball up for a throw.
Yes, it must have happened in about 1 or 2 seconds and the umpires are looking for multiple things.

Hopefully NZ can make it 3rd time lucky. If it was NZ vs anyone else but England, they would have been my choice.

I see those two clowns Hunt and Johnson have jumped on the bandwagon and promised a knighthood for Stokes. Seems a bit OTT to me, despite the incredible drama of the day.

Why can't politicians just let sportsmen and women get on with their careers without piling unnecessary pressure onto them? Stokes' time may well come, but it certainly shouldn't be now.

There's no immediate shot of publicity to be had from being patient though is there!

I see those two clowns Hunt and Johnson have jumped on the bandwagon and promised a knighthood for Stokes. Seems a bit OTT to me, despite the incredible drama of the day.

Why can't politicians just let sportsmen and women get on with their careers without piling unnecessary pressure onto them? Stokes' time may well come, but it certainly shouldn't be now.

There's no immediate shot of publicity to be had from being patient though is there!

They haven't really.

The Sun asked them at a Sun/talkradio platform. Johnson got it right (for a change) suggesting it should be Knight of the Garter (I think).

It's a non-story with the only responses possible.

They haven't really.

The Sun asked them at a Sun/talkradio platform. Johnson got it right (for a change) suggesting it should be Knight of the Garter (I think).

It's a non-story with the only responses possible.
It must be being misreported then because this is what I read:
Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt, one of whom will replace outgoing Prime Minister Theresa May later this month, were asked during a debate on Monday if they would give Stokes a knighthood.

Johnson, the frontrunner for the role, replied: "I will give dukedoms, whatever - I will go to the maximum, to, what, the Garter King of Arms. Yes is the answer, absolutely".

When the question was put to Hunt, he replied succinctly: "Of course".

Um, yes. That doesn't strike you as being deliberately OTT?
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying the press are being wilfully disingenuous in the way they're reporting it (shock horror, I know).

I should have known better than to take this story at face value. They're still both a pair of clowns though!

Yes. The speeding up of the Ashes cycle for money devalues it too. Still, Sky can go large on hype about it, and the ECB are happy with no-one much watching it.

sky will lose the cricket soon ?? and test cricket and world cup ODI should be on free to air tv every year home and away tours, forget sky money the sponsorship revenue it will still bring investment from everybody that wants to get involved in cricket on freeview tv, ok it may have more adverts but who cares at the end of a over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.