Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

real cricket is test match cricket and anything else is just for fun

everybody who can play for england or the aussies dream of playing in the ashes and its what you will be judge on, test cricket is the pinnacle and you are judged on and all the record and history and adding your name to the history books is worth more than money

It is for cricket purists but test cricket is dying. Not just in this country. The aussies had to use Warner as a fill in. It worked. We have tried and failed with so many openers. They just don't know how to survive at that level. But that is for another day. It is a different game with different strategies. We have won the 50 over World Cup and let's enjoy it. Let's not criticise the test team until the Ashes are over!

New Zealand had their fair share of luck throughout the tournament. Pakistan beat them quite easily in the group stage but went out to them on net run rate. The Kiwis match against India was rained off and that point was crucial in getting them through.

We were the best team throughout the tourament and we won as per the rules. We did not make the rules up, we just abided by them. If the rules were different or 5 runs were given instead of 6, we would have played the circumstances differently.

Makes it all the better knowing the Aussies are salty as fuck. Lets finish them off now in the Ashes.

Why? He didn't do anything wrong, or to be ashamed of.

Well, he could have chosen to represent the country of his birth and childhood and parentage. The pool of NZ cricketers is relatively small, and they need to keep all the talent they've got. England, with their relatively vast playing resources, not so much. If he'd pledged to NZ he could have been the next Hadlee.

Besides that, the NZ public don't take the national cricket team that seriously. Different story with the All Blacks. If Stokes kicked a disputed winning penalty in the last minute of the RWC final, you can be damned sure his parents would be hounded out of the country. In 1971, when the Lions beat the AB's in NZ, no-one talked to my English parents for weeks afterwards.

The final was the first cricket match I've watched for decades because of it not being shown live on any terrestrial channels, and I refuse to put any money into sky's pockets.

Used to love it when I was a kid - got to watch all the matches- played the game because if it , and went to test matches with my mates. It's not rocket science, make it available on TV and kids will want to play it.

BTW What's with all that playing shite music between overs ffs, thought that was crap.

New Zealand had their fair share of luck throughout the tournament. Pakistan beat them quite easily in the group stage but went out to them on net run rate. The Kiwis match against India was rained off and that point was crucial in getting them through.

We were the best team throughout the tourament and we won as per the rules. We did not make the rules up, we just abided by them. If the rules were different or 5 runs were given instead of 6, we would have played the circumstances differently.

Makes it all the better knowing the Aussies are salty as fuck. Lets finish them off now in the Ashes.

As did every team. NZ actually managed their way through the group stage very professionally.

And yet England lost to Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Australia. I actually don't think any side shone particularly above the others. England probably are the best one day side at the moment, but I don't think that superiority was on display in this particular tournament, and they got very lucky in the final, which I've not seen anyone seriously dispute.

As did every team. NZ actually managed their way through the group stage very professionally.

And yet England lost to Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Australia. I actually don't think any side shone particularly above the others. England probably are the best one day side at the moment, but I don't think that superiority was on display in this particular tournament, and they got very lucky in the final, which I've not seen anyone seriously dispute.

I agree with that. No outstanding team.
It's a much more interesting game when batsmen have to bat and bowlers have a chance, and in both innings rather than there being a big change part way through.

I agree with that. No outstanding team.
It's a much more interesting game when batsmen have to bat and bowlers have a chance, and in both innings rather than there being a big change part way through.

This.

I heard the pitch at Lords described as a poor one but on the contrary, it was exactly what cricket at this level needs.

The final was the first cricket match I've watched for decades because of it not being shown live on any terrestrial channels, and I refuse to put any money into sky's pockets.

Used to love it when I was a kid - got to watch all the matches- played the game because if it , and went to test matches with my mates. It's not rocket science, make it available on TV and kids will want to play it.

BTW What's with all that playing shite music between overs ffs, thought that was crap.
It's for the kids, I guess. Suppose it's better than 6 hours of Sweet Caroline or Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.